[ Dataquest ] Quest indicator and more

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

[ Dataquest ] Quest indicator and more

Postby Eudes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 am

Hello DOL,

Is there a chance to add a field in the Dataquest table to switch the yellow indicator On or Off? It might be useful to be able to define some custom quests without any indicator visible.

Have a nice day!
Last edited by Eudes on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eudes
DOL Freak

Re: [ Dataquest ] Quest indicator

Postby Tolakram » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Added a new option that can be placed in the little used SourceName column

SourceName - Various uses as defined below:

NO_INDICATOR -
Placing the text NO_INDICATOR in the source name field will disable any quest indicator that would normally display above the NPC's head. This can be combined with the options below, just make sure to include a | character to separate it from the other options.

Ex: NO_INDICATOR|SEARCH;2;Search for ring here;12;5000;77665;500;20|SEARCH;3;Search for necklace here;12;8000;74665;500;20
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: [ Dataquest ] Quest indicator

Postby Eudes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Thanks a lot Tolakram!

Looks perfect to me and will be really useful to give players some more motivation to visit lands and talk to more NPC.
Eudes
DOL Freak

Re: [ Dataquest ] Quest indicator and more

Postby Eudes » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:46 pm

I would propose new additions to the DataQuest.

Two new eStepType. When a player enters an area, the first to advance the quest, the second to finish it.

And more values to determine who can do the quest, for guilds, races, craftsmen at least.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Tolakram » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:36 pm

Yiu can do all of that with custom steps. :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Eudes » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:07 am

Yiu can do all of that with custom steps. :)
You mean the ClassType? But it takes to script and it is not possible for every person working with the DataQuest.

And it is not different than searching an area or restricting to some classes, the fields already are there, it takes only more options in those fields not to modify the table and keep the ease even for non scripter to manage rich quests.
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Eudes » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:48 am

By the way, is it possible to manage Start with custom steps? There is something for Step, but does it take also Start?

What I mean is if the quest starts when a player enters an area called "Lovely river", I do not see how to handle that case of StartType.
Qualification - Called when checking to see if a player is able to get a quest. Returning false will prevent offer and no quest icon will display.
Offer - Called when a player is offered a Reward Quest. If the offer is handled by the custom step then it should return false to prevent a double offer.
GiveItem - Called when a player is giving an item to an NPC. Return false to refuse to accept item.
Step - Called at every step, prior to step advancement. Returning false will prevent advancement.
Finish - Called at the start of the Finish quest process. Returning false will prevent finish.
RewardsChosen - Called for Reward Quest types once the rewards have been chosen. Return false to prevent completion.
PostFinish - Called once finish quest completes. Return value not checked.
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Tolakram » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Start may need to be changed but right now I don;t have any time for longer fixes. I did the previous fix because I knew it would be easy. :) I'll add it to my list.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Eudes » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks Tolakram.

And thanks anyway for all the great work, the DataQuest is a great tool, not too easy to control but really good!
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Eudes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Another question.

Is that possible to define more than 1 sentence per step with one key word in each sentence?

Someting like that:
NPC says: Hey, do you need [some help]?
[some help] => NPC says: Ok, so I guess you should visit the [next village] first!
[next village] => Yes, there is a small village to the west...

I can not find where to define the various [key words]. The AcceptText only accepts one expression, and AdvanceText does not seem to work, even if I think this is the right place to write the key.

Thanks.
Eudes
DOL Freak

Return to “%s” Support