Race files?

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Race files?

Postby Lyrn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:12 am

Are class/race restrictions hard-coded ? Is there a way to make, (ex. Shadowblade tab unlocked for a Troll) at character screen ? Sorry for all my questions. Can't find anything like that in the repo and wanted to check with the community , thanks in advance !
Lyrn
DOL Acolyte

Re: Race files?

Postby rdsandersjr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:26 am

they are hard coded in the client. however, you can make a race change npc that will do it.
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Lyrn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:38 am

Hi rdsanderjr, I have some of those ! :D My server is PvP rules. And I was wondering if I could make only a certain RACE able to interact with this NPC ? or is there a way to make the options (i.e Class Chnager option is Minstrel) is there a way to make it so ONLY an Inconnu can select this choice ? and it will be null and do nothing to all other races in-game? Thank you for quick reply ! :D
Lyrn
DOL Acolyte

Postby rdsandersjr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 am

Yes look at the existing advanced class trainers for an example, you just check the players race (on phone ATM so I can't pull src up easily)

Something like player.race == erace.troll for example
Class would be something like player.class == eclass.warrior
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Lyrn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Okay I think I have the main idea now, can I add
Code: Select all
public static bool CanPromotePlayer(GamePlayer player) { return (player.Level >= 1 && player.CharacterClass.ID == (int)eCharacterClass.Viking && (player.Race == (int)eRace.Norseman || player.Race == (int)eRace.Troll || player.Race == (int)eRace.Valkyn || player.Race == (int)eRace.Dwarf || player.Race == (int)eRace.MidgardMinotaur || player.Race == (int)eRace.Kobold)); }
^ I added Kobald race. Can I add this with the level set to one without having to set properties to use_base_class ?
Lyrn
DOL Acolyte

Postby Lyrn » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Hm that didn't seem to work, I also switched the required class to Warrior so it could promote a warrior, and it still would not interact. I'll keep toying with it, also should I run my server through the Debug, or Release folder ? thank you !
Lyrn
DOL Acolyte

Return to “%s” Support