Determined! (need help) lol

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Determined! (need help) lol

Postby Sara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi guys, first off I wanted to thank everyone who ever took this project on from the very beginning. Without you guys and your willingness to share what you have worked very hard to learn over the years, few people would have the ability to hunt down all the info and attempt a DAOC server. While I'm certainly posting in the hopes of getting help, I don't really see to many posts saying thank you to those of you that take the time to help us nooblets. :D So, thank you! <3

Hopefully my issue is somewhat simple. First I would warn you that I know next to nothing about coding, MySQL, and basically most of the programs I'm utilizing but I am beginning to understand them on some level. Recently I downloaded the software, did my best to compile everything via step by step information scattered in the forums and the internet, and I have a somewhat functioning DAOC shard. I am relatively certain that the way I installed it isn't ideal, but having so little knowledge it's difficult to manage without it. When hubby and I divorced he abandoned his old shard and I changed it to my liking, but its old and I really wanted to start from scratch on a newer much more powerful machine.

Supposedly, my DOL folder should have a “release” folder after compiling. Mine does not, instead it has a debug folder, but everything seems to work ok at first glance. I have a gm account set up, and began building the first zone but I get an error message anytime I try to spawn a custom npc.

My latest database version is the one posted by Hunabku and its labeled version DOL-DB-3435.SQL.
I'm including some screen shots so you have an idea of how (probably poorly) this is set up lol. I have downloaded several scripts and dropped then inside the scrips folder within the debug folder. When I try to spawn said npc. It says there was an error creating it and nothing happens. I also tried placing the scripts within the customnpc folder, however when I do this, the server refuses to boot. It is possible that I am simply missing some more essential files for my server to run properly, or my first attempt at an installation was an epic fail. Oh and also, my GM doesn't have the sprint ability... lol

1. No sprint ability..
2. /mob class DOL.GS.Script.AccountVaultKeeper doesn't work, and neither do any of my other downloaded scripts.
3. Lots of red when I boot server, although nothing appears wrong in game aside from these issues.

Running on windows 7 hexacore intel 4771, 16gb ram and geforce GTX 78o ti. Please check attachments for screenshots and will be more than happy to provide any other information requested.
Programs installed: Mysql, Dawn of Light, Apache, #develop, EasyPHP, Microsoft Visual..

ermm help? lol

I'm not expecting an army to solve all my shard problems, but anything anyone can see wrong is at least a starting point. I sincerely thank you in advance.

-Sara
Attachments
Desktop image2.jpg
Desktop image2.jpg (204.77 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
desktop image 1.jpg
desktop image 1.jpg (233.97 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Sara
DOL Visitor

Re: Determined! (need help) lol

Postby Dinberg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:57 pm

When the server fails to start, what does the error log say? It sounds like a script isnt compiling, probably a missing dependency/incompatible script; show us the console and we will take a look
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby Sara » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Thank you so much! Sorry for the late reply, I took a snap of the full error log. This only happens with the AccountVaultKeeper script installed in the customnpc folder. The server boots when I remove the file but there is still quite a bit of red. I will try to get sectioned screenshots of those errors as well.
Attachments
New Bitmap Image.jpg
New Bitmap Image.jpg (370.34 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
Sara
DOL Visitor

Postby Sara » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:04 am

Now these two shots are what occur during a successful boot. As you can see there is a ton of red, which I hope isn't catastrophic lol. The shot where you see the most red is only a shot of the ocean of red that occurs because it would be hard to snap all of it as it happens. Then I get a little yellow and the rest falls into place.
Attachments
successful boot2.jpg
successful boot2.jpg (369.79 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
successfulboot.jpg
successfulboot.jpg (687.57 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
Sara
DOL Visitor

Postby Eudes » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:33 am

Hello Sara,

First of all, be welcome and forgive my not so good English :)

I'm not an expert, but I think you should delete all the xxxx.cs you see in the red lines from your DOL solution (in #develop) and from your Windows debug\scripts\customnpc. Most of the files you can find in the user scripts are not working anymore or need some script modification. Not so easy to use most of them straight from the box.
Code: Select all
1. No sprint ability..
What do you mean? Sprint like a regular player character or moving with a higher speed than usual? If you are looking for a higher speed, you have to select your character and /speed <value> to define what speed you want.

Have a nice day!
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Xanth » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Hey Sara first of all, download visual studio c# 2013 desktop pc version and if u have done this open the vln file in dolsharp/trunk, then the whole Project opens and u can modify all the scripts if u want, the best is to put the scripts in the GameServerScripts foulder in the opened vln file. and do a build solution, (but remove the scripts in the debug foulder first) if u have done this all scripts should work perfectly. u also Need to know that dol config Needs if u are on your private Server 0.0.0.0 on the front page and on the databasse page 127.0.0.1 also db Name user dol or root...

i hope i can help ya with that.

the sprint ability is gone in the new svn update i saw too, idk why, im using an older core.

best regards
Xanth
DOL Acolyte

Postby Graveen » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:58 pm

(...)
the sprint ability is gone in the new svn update i saw too, idk why, im using an older core.
best regards
/Summon Leodagan ;)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Crazys » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:13 pm

I was missing ALL Abilities with the new SVN update...
You may be missing the DB entries for it....

Thread of his suggestion to me...
http://www.dolserver.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=15
Crazys
Contributor

Postby Sara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi guys, I appreciate all of your suggestions.. I did a LOT of deleting and its finally running. I have my sprint ability back, and things seem to be going well. I made a test character warrior, and to my dismay.... when I train - there are question marks before the skills and no abilities (cringe).. I spent 2 full days creating a starter zone and am not sure if I simply don't have the styles in my database, and if so, how to add them. Are they not there because they aren't in my db file, or did a portion of the db simply not install? What I'm worried about is wiping out all I have created so far. A full town with npcs, npc templates, pathing etc..

what should I do? Screenshot included...
Attachments
sshot000.jpg
sshot000.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1740 times
Sara
DOL Visitor

Postby Xanth » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:25 pm

yeah thats what crazy means u miss the db entry of mysql go to dolconfig.exe second page do mysql choose ip localhost user dol or root need to test and the db name on heidisql navicat dont know what u're using.
Xanth
DOL Acolyte

Postby Sara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:18 pm

Thank you for your reply Xanth, though it won't matter much now. Someone told me to reinstall the database because of the way styles appeared and I lost 3 days of solid work. I appreciate all your help guys, but perhaps I am biting off more than I can chew with this project. There are too many things I don't know about it and most of the information seems kind of outdated. For you experts, thanks for keeping the game alive for the rest of us. Maybe I'll try again sometime when I trust my build.
Sara
DOL Visitor

Postby rdsandersjr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:33 am

I wouldn't give up just don't ever drop a database just create a new one, reinstalling MySQL will do nothing to help solve the issue :-(
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Sara » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:25 am

Thanks RD, I decided that perhaps the last 3 days made good practice with the console. I am confused about something DB related in particular. Now I realize that the main database downloaded at source forge called dolpubdbV3.0 seems to be the most up to date one. When I built my server though, I had actually used this one DOL-DB-3435. My son pointed out that he thought it was a revision file. So there is a relatively hard learned lesson lol.

I don't know what the main database includes, I sure hope I won't be missing files etc. My son also said to upload the database several times because the file is so enormous that it leaves things out. I've done it about 4 times now, would happily do it another 10 but how do you know when it's enough?
Sara
DOL Visitor

Postby rdsandersjr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:08 am

If the file don't import right your importing tool (heidisql, MySQL workbench, ect...)

If it don't return errors it all imported
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Sara » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Thank you Rd, then so far so good. I was more careful this time to test a few things before I really started building. I'm going to periodically export my db as well (assuming that is how to save it). All styles seem to be there etc. I have a lot to learn now though, how to create starter zones, zone walls and whatnot. I'll make sure I search the forums as much as possible before I whine to you guys! Thanks for all of your help, you guys are as cool as I've been told. <3
Sara
DOL Visitor

Return to “%s” Support