I'm trying to learn, but i need some help.

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

I'm trying to learn, but i need some help.

Postby psyco » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:43 am

first of all thanks to all of you that have helped me so far.
I have been trying to learn all this stuff so I could maybe end up giving back. :P
I am using the public database (the download that comes with the server, DB engine and DB) and I figured I should start getting some practice in by editing a few different things like classes. However I can't seem to find any files that have anything to do with the individual player classes. also I was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a guide that explains writing all these different codes and scripts.
psyco
DOL Visitor

Re: I'm trying to learn, but i need some help.

Postby Ethran » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:06 am

Hello there,
I recommend to download a full svn server folder from dol forum. There you can find scripts that may help you "edit" the classes.
Here is a link: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/dolserver/cod ... arp/trunk/
Regards Ethran.
"Power is always dangerous. It attracts the worst. And corrupts the best. I never asked for power. Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up. "
-Ragnar Lothbrok
Ethran
DOL Apprentice

Re: I'm trying to learn, but i need some help.

Postby Argo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:17 am

To download the SVN's you need the TortoiseSVN, available here: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

regards

Argo

[Edited by Hunab Ku] : Change the link for the general language link.
Psycho, You can find also the language pack in the bottom of the webpage.
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Return to “%s” Support