Hello there! Two questions if you wouldn't mind.

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Hello there! Two questions if you wouldn't mind.

Postby Overlord1 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been having some fun with setting up a server. And everyday I find myself learning something new either through googling about MySql query help to speed things up, or even searching through the very long list of pages found here at DOL support.

Recently though I have a hit a roadblock. I have no idea how I can do these two things and add them into my server.
  • First thing: Making custom spellcraft gems that can be imbued onto any piece of armor.
  • Second thing: Using dataquest to make a livelike BG mission. EX. Kill 5 Hibernians and turn in the quest receive 50bp 24k xp 10gold. But from what I can see I can only add Mobs to dataquests?
Any help is greatly appreciated, even just a nudge in the right direction.
-Thanks!
Overlord1
DOL Guest

Re: Hello there! Two questions if you wouldn't mind.

Postby HunabKu » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:22 am

1. Craft is hard-coded in the client so if you want custom craft elements, you need to create full custom craft

2. Tolakram ?
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Re: Hello there! Two questions if you wouldn't mind.

Postby Overlord1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Thank you for the reply HunabKu!

With the help of another developer I got the requirements of crafting removed so that all the items I want can be Spellcrafted (Cloak, bracers,rings etc etc.)

The problem I'm running into now is that I need to find a way to make merchants sell Unique Items so that the Spellcrafted stats save to said item.

And also I have made 0 progress on the live like quest for the battlegrounds. I'm more of a database/world build guy so when it comes to really custom stuff like this I'm at a loss. But possibly with a nudge in the right direction I could get it figured out.

Once again thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Overlord1
DOL Guest

Return to “%s” Support