Help using jump locations

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Help using jump locations

Postby viio » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello, hopefully you can help me with my next batch of questions.

As an admin character I've used the command /debug on, and then used *j to view a large list of jump locations. There are about 300.

Question 1:
What's the function of this list? Can I use it to teleport to areas by name, or is it purely to provide the location co-ordinates for me to type in?

Question 2:
What is the difference between these two similar commands?
  • /jump to x y z
  • /jump rel x y z
Question 3:
Are the jump locations in the list wrong? If I use the provided reference for the city of camelot (24000 23000 8000 26) I'm unable to teleport. If I use one provided by Tamis' post http://www.dolserver.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1136 then I can use /jump to 32192 31192 8000 10.

Boom. Camelot. No issues. Is the *j list out of date?
viio
DOL Visitor

Re: Help using jump locations

Postby HunabKu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:39 am

Hello,
1. To teleport to pre-recorded locations use :
Code: Select all
/debug on *j
2. don't know, use command without arguments to view help :
Code: Select all
/jump
3. The *j list use client locations so normaly is correct if you are 1.100+ client version
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Postby Yay » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Hello viio,

Question 2: "/jump rel" teleports to the coordinates relative to you, so /jump rel -1 -1 -1 would teleport you just 1 inch (ingame unit) away in x,y and z direction. It's signed so -x would teleport you to the west, while x would teleport you more to the east.

It's important to note that "/jump to <x> <y> <z> [region]" is given in /gloc (global coordinates)[+regionID] and NOT /loc+zoneID. "/jump to 24000 23000 8000 26" can't work here, because region 26 doesn't exist. Region defines a whole map while zone defines only the squares which the region consists of (for example Gwyddneau is a zone in the region Avalon)

Jumppoints are given in ZoneID and /loc (zone coordinates) and you could use "]jump <zoneID> <x> <y> <z> <heading>", where the reference works (with an arbitrary heading), because it's given in ZoneID and /loc, BUT you could also just use "*j <JumpPointName>". For example "*j Camelot" would port you to Camelot.

(*j and ]*j is the same)
Yay
Contributor

Postby HunabKu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:33 pm

Nice to know, thanks Yay.
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Postby viio » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 am

Thanks for your help all. I'll do some more testing tonight after work.
viio
DOL Visitor

Postby Argo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:44 pm

You can use that list to teleport to any place thats listed there. for example camelot, /*j came
or cotswold /*j cots, and so on. learn to use it it helps a lot :)

the /jump command is a quite diffrent one, with that command you can use to x y z coords or jump to some npc as long as it is a realm 0 one. you can jump to a player or jump that player to you and you can even do a surroundings refresh.

Know thy tools :) they bring you almost everywhere. a lot of people have spent an insane amount of time to make life easier for us in the world of daoc :) let's honor them by using what they gave us so graciously.

just my two cents
Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Return to “%s” Support