HouseMenuRequest and client crash.

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

HouseMenuRequest and client crash.

Postby Stephen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a random crash that some players have on my server.
It seems to be rare afaik but I can't find a way to reproduce it.
I've already asked help with this issue months ago but now I have some more information to add.

The client crash packet handler leave me this log :
Code: Select all
Last client sent/received packets (from older to newer): 21:44:44,144 - [3583] - INFO - DOL.GS.PacketHandler.Client.v168.ClientCrashPacketHandler - GSUDPPacketOut 0000: 00 18 00 00 A1 00 00 0B 9B 75 34 00 00 71 3B 00 .........u4..q;. 0010: 00 10 F2 00 00 00 84 00 00 22 04 4F 00 .........".O.
Using the packet log converter says it's the HouseMenuRequest , direction client to server :
Code: Select all
ver:-1 code:0x00 (old:0xA8) dir:ClientToServer len:16 (0x10) logger packet:False packet class : CtoS_0x00_HouseMenuRequest desc: "house menu request" houseId:0x0018 code:0(gardenStore) unk1:0x00 not initialized : not initialized : not initialized data from pos 4(12): (0xA1,0x00, 0x00,0x0B,0x9B,0x75,0x34,0x00,0x00,0x71,0x3B,0x00)
I don't use anything regarding housing on my server.

I'm quite new on this stuff . Anybody here know anything about this client packet/issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stephen.
Evolution Admin&Developer

http://evolution-daoc.enjin.com/
Stephen
Server Representative

Re: HouseMenuRequest and client crash.

Postby HunabKu » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:17 am

Hey Stephen,
Hum logicaly, this packet is only sended if a player right clic on house i think.
Be sure anyone have access to an house or a house bying plot.
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Postby Yay » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:41 am

If I understand him correctly, he doesn't use Housing on his server respectively doesnt have Housing.

So I would assume that an interaction outside of Housing is triggering a Housing action that throws an error because Housing isnt there or some part is not there, that is expected by this action.
Yay
Contributor

Postby Stephen » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:12 am

If I understand him correctly, he doesn't use Housing on his server respectively doesnt have Housing.

So I would assume that an interaction outside of Housing is triggering a Housing action that throws an error because Housing isnt there or some part is not there, that is expected by this action.
Exactly. Problem is I'm still groping in the dark finding where that request is triggering because it's kinda weird.

The crash is completely random and rare but is there, with or without any specific action, sometimes just walking around. Probably into the position update or player update but i currently have no chance to reproduce it yet.

I'm going to check every housing requests, hope to find something.

But still, how a client can request a housing menu without housing stuff or just walking?

If anyone has further ideas is welcome :-)

Stephen
Server Representative

Postby HunabKu » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Any chance do you use the house vault or hookpoints for othert thing like a custom vault ?
HunabKu
Developer

Postby Yay » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:57 pm

The problem is that "random" part. Debugging is fun! :D
Yay
Contributor

Postby HunabKu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:48 am

Yep you need to collect more error log so we can cut the whole.
HunabKu
Developer

Postby Fuzzylumpkins » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:40 am

Any chance do you use the house vault or hookpoints for othert thing like a custom vault ?
I'm with you HunabKu... I'm guessing its a vaultNPC referencing the house vault script.
Fuzzylumpkins
DOL Initiate

Postby Dinberg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:06 am

Anything else that distinguishes these players? Do they use a certain client version? Do other players use the same client version but not experience crashes? How frequently do these crashes occur? Do they occur in certain regions/areas but not others?

Looking for things relating to the housing system may be misleading. The packet code is 0x00, which although it does correspond to the HouseMenuRequest may also just be a zero being written to the buffer.
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby Stephen » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 am

Anything else that distinguishes these players? Do they use a certain client version? Do other players use the same client version but not experience crashes? How frequently do these crashes occur? Do they occur in certain regions/areas but not others?

Looking for things relating to the housing system may be misleading. The packet code is 0x00, which although it does correspond to the HouseMenuRequest may also just be a zero being written to the buffer.
I've come to the same conclusion.It can't be the HouseMenuRequest client packet at all.

The crash is rare. Some players got the crash in a specific zone in the map (always random). Others with a specific action but there are players who don't have any crash at all . Personally I've never crashed but I'm not playing the server, so it's irrelevant. Obviously is a client-related issue where client files were overwritten by several shards.

I've started patching clients at login with my launcher, providing the maps data, gamedatas hoping to find the issue in there but It's a crapshoot like this.

Stephen
Server Representative

Return to “%s” Support