SQL issues

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

SQL issues

Postby Royel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:06 am

Hey guys,

First off I want to say very nice work you've done here, this is an amazing emulator you've put together.

I am having a small configuration issue that I wanted to run by you and see if anyone has any experience with this type of setup.

I'm currently running the DOL server on Windows Server 2012 R2 and I attempted to use a remote connection to a seperate MySQL server that is running on a Linux box. I can get the connection established without any trouble but when I enter the game world, most of the NPC's are not spawned and there is no MOB spawn to be found, also the character inventory is empty. If I run the same DB on a local SQL server (on the Windows 2012 R2 machine) then the game world is fully populated and works as expected.

I'm not sure what I'm missing if anything, anyhow if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions it would be great if you could reply here.

Thanks in advance
-Royel
Royel
DOL Guest

Re: SQL issues

Postby Graveen » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:21 am

There are some differences between MySQL / Windows and MySQL / Linux. Generally, this is a matter of table names (case is important in Linux while ignored in Windows). You have a line to add in my.ini - try searching on theses forums, i can't remember the option.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Re: SQL issues

Postby HunabKu » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:32 am

Hey,
There is in the Leodagan Linux guide :
Code: Select all
lower_case_table_names=1
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------