Building server with latest Git Error

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Building server with latest Git Error

Postby dargon » Mon May 23, 2016 7:10 am

So i always seem to get lost in time with DOLs latest builds. I have been away for a while due to some deaths in my family, and came back wanting to play around with a server again.

Well i got the server using git clone, and when i went to build, I got some errors:
Code: Select all
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'ICSharpCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\user\Desktop\FW\DOLBase\MPK\MPKFileHeader.cs 22 7 DOLBase Error 3 The type or namespace name 'log4net' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\user\Desktop\FW\DOLBase\WeakMulticastDelegate.cs 23 7 DOLBase Error 21 The type or namespace name 'SQLite' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\user\Desktop\FW\DOLDatabase\Connection\DataConnection.cs 26 19 DOLDatabase
and may other "could not be found" errors.
Looking at the get page, i saw something about restoring NuGet package and thought HEY maybe this is why? so i figured i would ask, how do i go about restoring NuGet package? Image
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Re: Building server with latest Git Error

Postby dargon » Mon May 23, 2016 7:31 am

Figured it out myself, feel free to delete the post if you would like.
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby Graveen » Mon May 23, 2016 7:38 am

Hi Dargon, what was your error ?
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby dargon » Mon May 23, 2016 7:45 am

not understanding NuGet thus not having packages. i did some googling and fixed it
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby Leodagan » Mon May 23, 2016 8:12 am

Visual Studio and Sharp Develop both embed a Nuget Utility and Package Management tools to restore Nuget Package easily from GUI.

The Nuget FAQ also explain how to use the Command Line Utility if you are using other IDE.

I admit it's not clear in "Readme" that Nuget is a Dependencies Package Manager...
Leodagan
Developer

Postby dargon » Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 am

yeah it took me a minute to figure it out, but once i did it was straight forward.
dargon
DOL Follower

Postby MrPickles » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:04 pm

I haven't run into this issue but in case someone else does. One way I have gotten around NuGet package issues is by:
1) Open packages folder inside the same directory as your solution
2) Make sure Visual Studio is closed.
3) Delete everything in the packages folder, do not delete the packages folder itself though
4) Open visual studio
5) Do a clean then rebuild

This will automatically restore everything properly. Sometimes visual studio gets jacked with NuGet and instead of fighting through each one, I find this to be a lot quicker. Just posting this tip in case anyone else runs into any issues.
MrPickles
DOL Initiate

Return to “%s” Support