Flying Mounts

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Flying Mounts

Postby bsnow16 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Just like in WoW where you can controll the flying mount....just wondering if anybody has tried this or is it even possible?
bsnow16
DOL Initiate

Re: Flying Mounts

Postby ontheDOL » Thu May 04, 2017 2:18 pm

i guess it could be done, you would have to look at how the /debug on + f12 works. And make a custom script handling the mount method, or maybe have an item classtype that does the the effect when you "use" it ... hmm not sure
- Unty -
Model Showroom and DOL guides
http://losojos-001-site1.btempurl.com
ontheDOL
Developer

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

its possible and even pretty easy.
you have mounts like the Chestnut Horse you could give em same color as griffon tickets to make it griffon and such and then you can edit the script behind it to make it fly if model id x y and z if summoned couse you can jump with control able pets but it dont fall down couse flying. (you need check if you make player fly or the griffon but use same fly as the /mob fly ones)
DOL dint only gaved me the data to start my server,
it also gaved me 16 amazing years with nice peeps,
and now its on me to return the favor.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby Dinberg » Thu May 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Sorry to say, but I don't think it's possible! Enabling debug mode is probably the closest you can get, but then you have no way to limit player speed, height, etc. Note that a lot of the zones can get into clipping issues if you allow players to fly (eg, fly off the terrain etc).
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 pm

Sorry to say, but I don't think it's possible! Enabling debug mode is probably the closest you can get, but then you have no way to limit player speed, height, etc. Note that a lot of the zones can get into clipping issues if you allow players to fly (eg, fly off the terrain etc).
right it create issues but possible yes allready did the db stuff for that on another server for mounts but i dint had acess to code so i cant tell yoo how the server owner scripted it.
DOL dint only gaved me the data to start my server,
it also gaved me 16 amazing years with nice peeps,
and now its on me to return the favor.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Postby Dinberg » Sun May 07, 2017 9:21 pm

You can make flying mounts (as in, horse routes with wings) very easily, but I think the OP is looking for a solution to have a flying mount the player can drive around
The Marvelous Contraption begins to stir...
Dinberg
Inactive Staff Member

Yahoo Messenger: dinberg_darktouch

Return to “%s” Support