No Realm in custom server

Having a problem with the DAOC Portal Launcher or the DAOC Game? Seek help here.

Moderator: Project Admin

No Realm in custom server

Postby Notso » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:20 am

I do not pretend to know coding or server admin things however I can follow directions and often am able to work through my own issues.
I have ran EQ1, EQ2, WoW and even have the crappy server of the Stargate failure running....

My issue:
Downloaded the things off SVN, the database folder was not in SQL format so used your quick link to get that.
Loaded up MySQL and created 'dol' then used 'dol' then imported that database. Filled now.
Downloaded the newest version of DAoC, patched, ran DAoCPortal, WOOHOO!! It connected but had an error about unable to patch game.dll and would sit at loading screen. FIXed it by using the 1.109 game.dll
I am now at the character creation screen, I can create but when I hit PLAY, it loads...and loads.. after about 2-3 minutes it pops hit ESC to exit in the upper left corner but never continues.
Any help on this would be great, I am sooo damn close!

http://imgur.com/eru0HuN
Notso
DOL Guest

Re: No Realm in custom server

Postby Taovil » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:24 am

http://www.dolserver.net/articles/?article=2 use this article, it helps much
Taovil
DOL Experienced

Postby Notso » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:25 am

Thanks, my issue was actually the game.dll. I didn't use the old one, once i did that it loaded fine.
The other issue was the empty trainers skill tree. Fixed that, forgot I tried the quick server files from the website, didn't work so i loaded a server the long way and forgot I had the other installed.
After uninstalling the other server setup suddenly the game came alive!

Edit:

Question, if I use a database and they release a patch for the database, how do I merge that one into my existing?
Notso
DOL Guest

Postby Taovil » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:20 am

like an sql file ?
u can put that in a querry and whatever it is state like REPLACE or INSERT... in Heidisql or navicat dont know what u 're using..

best regards
Taovil
DOL Experienced

Return to “%s” Support