Keep Drop Mob

Share files with other Dawn of Light users

Moderator: Support Team

Keep Drop Mob

Postby Rfraley21 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:09 am

Hey all this is my first attempt at doing this but I noticed on our server , misanthropic, at least that Keep Guards wouldn't drop loot so I took a crack at making a simple keep guard mob that would drop loot and this is what i've come up with and wanted to share if anyone else wanted to use it or modify it or maybe others have it to where keep guards drop loot and we just don't lol. Either way the idea is for those who want to make custom keeps much like we have on Misanthropic and give a player a reason, more so than BPS, to capture the keep. Im sorry if its not 100% this is my first real crack at it I welcome any help, suggestions, or feedback. Thanks- Titan
Last edited by Rfraley21 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rfraley21
DOL Guest

Re: Keep Drop Mob

Postby Tolakram » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:54 am

Howdy,

I appreciate you trying to contribute, but this code has numerous issues and the private static method will not be called.

GameKeepGuard will drop loot, only GameGuard has DropLoot overridden to prevent it from dropping loot and GameKeepGuard does not inherit from it.

What class are the guards that aren't dropping loot for you?
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Rfraley21 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Thank you Tolakram for the response, I have removed the file for now as I saw the errors myself, for us none of the GameKeepGuards are holding loot templates , for whatever reason they drop the template after they die, Guardians, Casters, Even Lord and these were by the default build from DOL PUB this occured in both Thidranki and Camelot , where we turned it into a custom keep, and using the /keepguard create command I would attempt to attach loot it would work on one cycle of realm claim, for instance, I set the keep realm to 3 being Hibernia, released the keep, reclaimed the realm to Hibernia no loot. Never saw any errors server side either so I have no idea what's going on just thought it was common.
Rfraley21
DOL Guest

Postby Tolakram » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Thank you Tolakram for the response, I have removed the file for now as I saw the errors myself, for us none of the GameKeepGuards are holding loot templates , for whatever reason they drop the template after they die, Guardians, Casters, Even Lord and these were by the default build from DOL PUB this occured in both Thidranki and Camelot , where we turned it into a custom keep, and using the /keepguard create command I would attempt to attach loot it would work on one cycle of realm claim, for instance, I set the keep realm to 3 being Hibernia, released the keep, reclaimed the realm to Hibernia no loot. Never saw any errors server side either so I have no idea what's going on just thought it was common.
Do you have cross realm loot turned on, or the loot set to realm 0 so it drops for everyone? Generally you would add loot for each realm. Look at your serer properties for the cross realm loot setting or make sure you add loot that can drop for every realm.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” User Files