Latest database in use?

Share files with other Dawn of Light users

Moderator: Support Team

Latest database in use?

Postby ogbilly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello again all,

I hope you can help or point me in the right direction please. So, where to begin, I am totally new to all this but am making progress slowly :) I can now get the server up and running and have my head around a few of the GM commands, I am also getting to know my way around PHPMyAdmin and looking through the database. My issue is that the databases I've tried so far, dolpubdbv3.0 and Sniperwolfs seem to be missing SI and TOA zones, I have not tried the frontiers yet. Am I doing something wrong for the channellers not to port me there? Is V3.0 really the latest?

I love the Storm RVR server as it seems pretty much complete, well, far more advanced than the ones I have tried. Is that DB available anywhere?

Just to clarify, I will not be making a public server, I am enjoying tinkering and testing :) Now I am retired I have spare time to learn something new and have some fun :)

Many thanks in advance.Billy
ogbilly
DOL Visitor

Re: Latest database in use?

Postby Graveen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Try database 3.1alpha. AFAIK this is the most coherent / complete.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby ogbilly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks Graveen, much appreciated. I've found out I do have the SI zone and the dungeons in it seem to be working fine on alb at least, not sure why porter won't send me there though, had to go through the portal at cots to get there, I shall continue to tinker, and probably break many times haha but its great fun poling around testing stuff :)Where can i find the 3.1 alpha please as I can't see it on the resources tab, or am I just being blind and stupid :)

Many thanks in advance.

Billy.

P.S. The work you have all done so far is just amazing :)
ogbilly
DOL Visitor

Postby ogbilly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:33 pm

NVM Graveen, I have found it, thanks a lot, going to test it out now :)
ogbilly
DOL Visitor

Postby Loki » Sat May 20, 2017 3:25 pm

http://www.dolserver.net/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=23083

Seems to be a really Good DB out of the box as they say
“ If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in. ”

Join https://discord.gg/r3T2U7S Official DOL Discord Chat
Loki
Developer

Return to “%s” User Files