LootGeneratorChest

Share files with other Dawn of Light users

Moderator: Support Team

LootGeneratorChest

Postby ontheDOL » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 pm

#Edit. This loot generator is now in the core rev. 3610+ . To use, simple add an entry in your "lootgenerator" table in your database for DOL.GS.LootGeneratorChest . The loot gen will now be initiated on server startup! Search "chest" is server properties and you will find some options you can customise for it , such as drop rates and gold amount. Enjoy!

I had a look to see if something like this was posted but couldn't find anything (although my search skills haven't been up to scratch lately :D )

Anyway, this is a loot gen based off the Moneygen in the DOL core. Adds a chance for each mob to drop a "small chest" and "large chest" similar to what they have (had?) on live servers.

Pretty straight forward but there are some instructions in script, and some values you can change to mess around with drop chance and money amount. Put in your GSS folder and add "LootGeneratorChest" to database table to get it up and running.

someone might find useful or maybe not :lol:
Edit# attached an updated version here, but its now in core so no download here needed.
Attachments
LootGeneratorChest.cs
new version in core
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Last edited by ontheDOL on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Unty -
Model Showroom and DOL guides
http://losojos-001-site1.btempurl.com
ontheDOL
Developer

Re: LootGeneratorChest

Postby Leodagan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:51 am

It looks great and can be really useful, actually I think Live server still have those !

Would you mind editing your script to make it more "distributable" and Try a Pull Request in DOL ?

You should change "Const" variables to Server Property (server properties can be created in any Game Server Script)

Add some variables where there is constants (money = 10 or 17 times lvl² ? this should be a Server Properties I think...)

Namespace should be more Unique than DOL.GS something that match GSS and its subject (DOL.Scripts.Loot ? GameServerScripts.LootGenerator ?)

Comment and Ident Properly ? :D

It's not remarks on your coding style ;) Just some hints on how to get this quickly in Core GSS if you want to, if you don't have time to spent on this Script I'll put it in my TODO list :D
Leodagan
Developer

Re: LootGeneratorChest

Postby ontheDOL » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Thanks for you comments Leo :) yeah I will take your suggestions and do some work with it , shouldnt take too long.

wait until you see my pull request for resurrection illness implementation haha you're gonna love that one :lol:
- Unty -
Model Showroom and DOL guides
http://losojos-001-site1.btempurl.com
ontheDOL
Developer

Return to “%s” User Files