D3 loot

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

Re: D3 loot

Postby Gerk » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:11 am

D3 missing loot: Shield, 1H and Off hand Hammers, Crossbow, 1H and off hand fist weapons, 1H and off hand Axes, 2H axe.

Maybe some loot can be cleaned up from him as well, like the Phantom Blade, they look exactly like the Diabloslayer Fire sword. Since he rarely drops more than 3 diabloslayer items it can be a pain when farming such a large loot table.
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Lurikhaun » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Phantom Blade actually looks really cool, however, my biggest problem with it is the size. I think that the model you have would work much better as a 1-hander. It is really cool though and I have it on one of my toons. Also it has slightly less (more) speed than other weapons, being 6.2 spd. I kinda think that this would be a great candidate for a left-hander, aka, eliminate they large weapon version (leaving current ones intact) turn it into a Left-Hand Weapon to allow this thing to be dual-wielded. Given that it is a phantom blade, theoretically it would be very simple to dual wield.

Gerk: I agree with all your weapon suggestions, but axes on this server are basically swords. That being said, not against seeing more axes in game, but "axes" as a skill is already satisfied by the drops on D3.
<Leprechaun Army (D2)>
Insanity-Metalworker/Shaman; Oracle-Alchemist/Bard; Monster-Shadowblade; Wolf-Hunter; Dangerous-Mentalist; Weirdo-Cabalist; Bear-Berserker; Fang-Vampiir; Goddess-Valkyrie; Anarchist-Hero; Demon-Reaver; Cannabis-Animist; Confusion-Friar; Immortal-Healer; Witch-Cleric; Dizzy-Warden; Mana-Wizard; Mysterious-Bainshee; or any other toon in Leprechaun Army.
Lurikhaun
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 am

Gerk: I agree with all your weapon suggestions, but axes on this server are basically swords. That being said, not against seeing more axes in game, but "axes" as a skill is already satisfied by the drops on D3.
Ah yeah, I think what i meant was the graphic of an axe. No fun using something that looks like a sword when its supposed to be an axe. Although it would be even more work for tola, i think it would make for more variety between characters. I bet Diablo would have some badass axes, all gnarly and jagged looking :P
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:23 am

Although now that i think about it.... that would further more increase his loot table. Its already a pain getting what you want from him now anyways. Took 20+ kills after tola added the slashing polearm to finally find it. Sometimes not even dropping a Diabloslayer item. I know mrseard is still lookin for one too. Im sure hes done about 50 or so by now, that guys a beast :P
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Millane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:51 pm

I know mrseard is still lookin for one too. Im sure hes done about 50 or so by now, that guys a beast :P
Yeah past few times I've done it no Diabloslayer items have dropped but uh not quite 50 times Gerk more like 20 8)
Any and all member of Brute Squad
Aliana rr14 BD
Mrseard rr12 Valk
Millane rr11 Ward
Millane
DOL Visitor

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm

The loot problem is always interesting. The core loot engines have a higher chance of each item dropping, but then cap the number of items that drop ... so say no more than 3 at a time. I didn't think that was very D2 like since in D2 you might get 2 or 3 good drops or sometimes hit the jackpot and get 7 or 8. Either way, in the end, I think the chances are just about the same that you won't get what you want. RvR players complain about this all the time.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Gerk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:03 am

Flex weapons? totally forgot about them :\
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Added flex, finally. Anything else missing?
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Gerk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:17 pm

I think that covers all the weapon types now, thanks tola :D
Now to farm a pair for my heretic/reaver :o
Gerk
DOL Novice

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2