D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

Re: D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

Postby Tolakram » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm

It's not tracked, unfortunately. It's something I want to do ... somehow store last X sold items on your char so you can buy them back, but not easy to implement since the items, most of them unique, would have to be stored somewhere to prevent being deleted or orphaned in the DB (and causing the ever increasing DB size bug which existed 2 years ago).

Maybe a better idea would be the ability to make an item unsellable. :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Gerk » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Ooooooh I like that tola :D Will be nice knowing i couldnt sell my template gear. If the locking mechanism has to come from an npc, i vote it being a succubus. Like.... a shady succubus who also could have some unique items for sale.... Like the ability to morph your companion into a mini diablo 8)
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 pm

From IRC

[10:56] <StormGBot> [D2] ,Doomsayer-D2: that's why light tanks are gimps here.. a warrior will be better at dual wielding simply because he has the DPS buff and ABS buff
[10:56] <StormGBot> [D2] ,Doomsayer-D2: and a SB, NS or infil will be zillion times better at DPS than any zerk, merc or BM
[10:56] <StormGBot> [D2] ,Doomsayer-D2: cause of the 200% dps buff bypassing level difference
[10:58] <StormGBot> [D2] ,Doomsayer-D2: that's why a savage with 2 8.0 weapons will still take a minute to kill baal while a SB NS or inf with 2 8.0 weps will take 10 seconds

True? Thoughts?

Are sneaks FOTM now due to this? if not, why not! :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Lurikhaun » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't think light tanks are gimp here compared to warriors/assasins etc. because they get both Shock and Awe and Zeal; just different..

That being said, I think that defense for all tanks (especially light tanks) is a problem on this server (especially when attacked from behind)... I think a remedy for this would be adding a buff/bonus etc. that adds 360 Evade/Parry/Block or just altering all evade/parry/block to be 360...

Assassins have some huge DPS advantages, but they have less ability to kill huge spawns as quickly; so once again, I see this as just a difference between classes..

Honestly I think fotm is kind of a red herring; when someones new or thinking of a new class they look around at what other people are playing and seem to do well with; classes ebb and flow in popularity.. What I feel we should approach when we discuss if something is fotm, is whether the class is overpowered or not..

I do not think that an assassin is overpowered... sure they can kill diablo 2 quicker, but there is much more to this server, and running around df or corrupted isles is gonna be much easier on the light tank...
<Leprechaun Army (D2)>
Insanity-Metalworker/Shaman; Oracle-Alchemist/Bard; Monster-Shadowblade; Wolf-Hunter; Dangerous-Mentalist; Weirdo-Cabalist; Bear-Berserker; Fang-Vampiir; Goddess-Valkyrie; Anarchist-Hero; Demon-Reaver; Cannabis-Animist; Confusion-Friar; Immortal-Healer; Witch-Cleric; Dizzy-Warden; Mana-Wizard; Mysterious-Bainshee; or any other toon in Leprechaun Army.
Lurikhaun
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:52 am

Ha! Try out the mauler class if you want insta death. Mauler mastery = best dps buff. Im gonna have to agree with luri on this one though, the classes are just different. They react differently to different scenarios. Kinda hard to say a light tank isnt doin as much damage as a pure damage class cause they shouldnt. They are made to fill different roles. I also have to agree with the defense thing. If im a tank with all the awesome tanking gear and skills.... i shouldnt ever get 1 shot.... Unless its a back shot from diablo (should know better than to turn your back on the devil :twisted: )
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby corrado » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 am

hello guys, i just registered on the forum. Looks like the boss caught me talking :D

well... i wrote those things because actually i deeply tested the melee variants (pure tank, light tank, assassin) and i see:
- pure tanks doing really good versus epic mobs even if takes a while to take em down. barricade is imo the best pure tank active RA around even if sometimes is not really effective (it's only melee abs and for instance, diablo casts a pbaoe). also the armsman have the best growth rate anytime (polearm style) among pure melee and can also dual wield with a 1h polearm (kings pointer) and a 1h slash/thrust/crush offhand.

- the savage at high ranks and high levels quads a lot. with procs "could" be the best candidate in terms of DPS. the savage have no really useful active RAs, have no custom skills, savagery stops at 49. yes shock and awe + zeal helps clearing big spawns but there are better toons for that.

- Shadowblade, Nightshade, infiltrator. i tried em all with 8.0 weapons and the standard capped gear i switch on my chars. well they are all capable of insane DPS. i tried both critical strike builds and dual wielder builds.. then i sticked with the shadowblade (highest hitpoints table among stealthers, weaponskill on par with nightshade) with 80 left axe 80 axe. i recall 2hitting inquisitors in nightmare at level 65, legion was a 10 seconds kill, diablo2 a 15-20 seconds kill (more or less..)

still i havent finished it to level 80 realm but i "suppose" that would kill diablo3 fast but still somehow able to survive spamming abhorrent heals. just need a sufficent health pool (troll or dwarf, aug con 5, toughness 5, AOM5, buffs).

now for now among melee toons, the fastest low bosses/minions killer is the shadowblade specced left axe with the valewalker being just behind in terms of DPS by spamming blizzard blade (198 pbaoe anytime).

about the valewalker, it gets good abs buffs, good hitpoints table, good weaponskill and those really nice anytime pbaoe and dd procs... that's my second favorite melee dps so far, just second because some bosses are immune to the vale style procs (talic for instance).
Odin Drakes Guildmaster

Impaler - troll armsman
Weaponskill - troll warrior
Cassius - troll mauler
Doubletrouble - troll shadowzerk
Valetrolley - troll valewalker
Picio - dwarf savage
Doomsday - dwarf heretic
WMD - lurikeen mana chanter
corrado
DOL Visitor

Postby Tolakram » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks corrado. :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby corrado » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm

yes uhm only one thing. i haven't mentioned why the lack of light tanks.

well, i started here with a berserker but after trying out other melee classes i found the light tanks lack of custom skills. i think that's why they are a very rare sight... since pure tanks can dual wield having more HP (same table as light tanks but CON is the secondary stat) and having the good damage add + AOE stun along with melee ABS buff.

another thing is, 2handed really don't make a lot of sense. For instance, swinging at a given mob with a 8.0 2h polearm does say around 1000 (styled) damage. switching to 1h pole 8.0 + 1h slash 8.0 hits for 650 (styled) and 600 (offhand unstyled).

also, dual wielding grants double chance to proc weapon procs and double rate of steal end/life/mana + elemental dps fire/cold/lightning.

last but not last, growth rate seems to have a really fairly low impact on damage, just to-hit bonus is noticeable as it should.

so in the end actually, with an armsman you can do the same things a mercenary do with some bonuses: ABS buff, damage add buff (50%) + aoe stun, more healthpoints, barricade.

merc/bm/zerk: flurry (not that relevant), charge (not that relevant in D2 since stun/mezz capped from items), dirty tricks (again... not that relevant), 360 evade (noticeable when jumping in the middle of enemies but well.. just there), shock and awe (only relevant when fighting normal mobs), bear form (irrelevant, critical chance capped from items), triple wield (good dps add, the only reason i would go BM).

in the end:
- oldschool light tanks need something better to be on par and still be unique.
- savage is fine since is a proc monster, only available quad hitting class and the DPS/haste/resists give it a good edge.
- two handed need some love. the DPS is just higher than a 1h/shield configuration.

EDIT:

about FotMs:

- there are way too many shamans.
- valewalker will be the next once people realize his capabilities (all styles anytime.. 8sec stun, 198 pbaoe, 150 dd), arboreal ABS is both melee and magic absorb, instadrain life heals for good, class born to wear cloth... in plate is really good.
- stealthers are funny but balanced and not overpowered (i can say somehow glass cannons in hell/realm at least for soloing D3 even if it's possible but needs buffclass resists/stat buffs)
Odin Drakes Guildmaster

Impaler - troll armsman
Weaponskill - troll warrior
Cassius - troll mauler
Doubletrouble - troll shadowzerk
Valetrolley - troll valewalker
Picio - dwarf savage
Doomsday - dwarf heretic
WMD - lurikeen mana chanter
corrado
DOL Visitor

Postby Lurikhaun » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Shaman: Way too many shamans? Maybe these are relics from the past? Currently Shamans are basically gimp casters (with better buffs) or gimp tanks or a hybrid somewhere between the two. Shaman Dots are on par with other Dotters (Mentalist/Cabalist); which is actually one of the major roles of a shaman; but everything else but Dots and Buffs are sub-par (nukes, heals, CC, melee, etc.). If you are seeing many shamans, it is probably due to the reason they have a great balance in abilities, not because they are OP (Or they are leftover from when they used to be OP).

Valewalker: Completely agree with you; these are super overpowered in their current form. Those pbae/melee styles are boss-killers and putting the high end versions of these without any opening chain totally make valewalker overpowered. They were changed, because before they were impossible to pull off when they were 3rd-4th line chains; but I am thinking they need at least some opener (I am thinking maybe evade/parry/position) so that it is not quite so easy to spam it.

Light Tanks: Completely agree with your assesment... why play a light tank if you can do the exact same thing but better on a heavy tank? I think its probably about time to come up with additional D2 Spell Lines with the least popular classes (such as light tanks in mind).
<Leprechaun Army (D2)>
Insanity-Metalworker/Shaman; Oracle-Alchemist/Bard; Monster-Shadowblade; Wolf-Hunter; Dangerous-Mentalist; Weirdo-Cabalist; Bear-Berserker; Fang-Vampiir; Goddess-Valkyrie; Anarchist-Hero; Demon-Reaver; Cannabis-Animist; Confusion-Friar; Immortal-Healer; Witch-Cleric; Dizzy-Warden; Mana-Wizard; Mysterious-Bainshee; or any other toon in Leprechaun Army.
Lurikhaun
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Light tanks get both Zeal and Twister, correct? Doesn't this increase overall output?

VW procs will have to be nerfed a bit. Chains are near impossible in D2.

I'm happy it looks like stealthers are about right. I was thinking they would never be balanced.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Lurikhaun » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 am

Your right light tanks get access too both Zeal and Shock & Awe; It is hard to measure the effect of both since the numbers don't show up anywhere that I know of.. But I will provide you BS numbers for a comparison:

Heavy Tanks:
Enhanced Zeal:
Hits 22 Targets; 800 Radius; Max 100% Damage; Increased Damage of up to 40%; In addition to Weapon Mastery; which I believe adds another 50% Damage...

Sample Damage: 100 Base DPS x 1 + 90% = 190 Enhanced DPS x 22 = 4180 Total DPS
Average Radius: 800

Light Tanks:
Normal Zeal:
Hits 14 Targets; 425 Radius; Max 100% Damage

Shock & Awe:
Hits 8 Targets; Max 90% Damage; 900 Radius; 50% Chance to Scare to Death**

Sample Damage: (100 Base DPS x 1 = 100 Enhanced DPS x 14 = 1400 Total DPS) + (100 Base DPS x .9 = 90 Enhanced DPS x 8 = 720 Total Dps) = 2120 Total DPS
Average Radius: Roughly 600 Radius

**Shock & Awe is a non-factor for light tanks; as being visible defeats the purpose of this ability (maybe I am wrong).

So based off of this, it seems like light tanks get about half the damage from their AOE abilities that heavy tanks do and also about 3/4ths the radius. It seems to me that they are actually supposed to do about the same or slightly more damage than heavy tanks (who should have more defense). But I think the solution to this is a new ability entirely (and dropping shock and awe from light tanks). In addition to giving regular zeal the increased radius (but leaving Enhanced Zeal with the damage increase and increased number of targets).

Proposed New Ability - Rage: Increases Damage the lower the users's health.
Lv 10: -1% Health = +0.5% DPS
Lv 20: -1% Health = +1% DPS
Lv 30: -1% Health = +1.5% DPS
Lv 40: -1% Health = +2% DPS
Lv 50: -1% Health = +2.5% DPS
Lv 60: -1% Health = +3% DPS
Lv 70: -1% Health = +3.5% DPS
Lv 80: -1% Health = +4% DPS

In addition to this new line; light tanks should also get a custom-class ability that does -30% Damage to themselves and has a 5second recast time. Perhaps called Battle Scars or something along those lines.
<Leprechaun Army (D2)>
Lurikhaun
DOL Novice

Postby victorvndoom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:54 am

suggestions:

- additions to faq about what zones are locked out or removed or changed (patch notes)
- changes done to classes
- additional ways to level a character. (what are the normal zones to level / grind without doing the acts)
victorvndoom
DOL Visitor

Postby PlanarChaosRvrtwo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 am

While in Bed i got a few Ideas to make game more diablo like cause it would be doable:
Remove Enhancement line from Melee characters and add a Warcry line (with grp target effect of taunt but grp targeted buffs like con n such (like battle orders .... )
Add to casters in some lines like (Darkness / Light / Fire ) enchant spell (fire animation fire damage damage add (enchant)
Change the chants of paladin skald warden valkyrie bard reaver (magic abs and melee abs debuff)
Change Necro to have pets like bonedancer but change to 1 commander 6 followers ut 25% weaker then bd pets 1 golem 3 skeleton fighter 3 skeleton mages. fire golem self target damage shield with 10% damage shield iron golem with 10 dps damage chant blood golem with paladin heal chant (blue / yellow one)
But dont make it use the spells of bonedancer give it 3 custom lines one summoning one poison bone one cursse but:
Besides of Summon spells give it also Summon Mastery (Minion/grp Targeted 1-4 Abs Buff) level 12 24 36 48
Give him str/con debuff of normal necro in poison bone and shaman instant ae diseae animation as aedot but also pbaoe.
And also ae nuke like eldricht but 10% weaker on all levels and Poison Mastery Buff (same spell as Heretic got with Acuity Icon that incrase efficientness)
And curse spec: AE DPS Debuff / AE Con Debuff / AE Dex Debuff / AE Deasease / AE Root without immunity in pve (but all sharing same spell grp)
Give stealthers an extra line:
Light fire poison traps (like ml nodes) doing thane instant pbaoe (blue one) Wizard ae nuke (blue one) Mentalist aedot (blue one)
Cleric Spec Ae (yellow one without heal)
Give all archers an extra line : Dodge (pair 5 skills in line 1% aditional evade and parry chance but meaning level 5 1% evade level 10 1% parry so on level 10 1% parry 1% evade)
Give Berserker Savage Blademaster Mercenary an replace of their dual wield lines that have just 5 skills but each skill have 75 radius dd that get higher the higher you spec:
Double swing: Hit with both weapons dd
Double Throw: (throwing weapon) Slower speed of monsters (dd/snare)
Frenzy (animation of any left axe style) Small dd proc and 15 celerity
Whirlwind (spear required use evade animation) larger range small dd proc
Amok/ Charge Spell (can be used without cooldown as long monster in target deals 10% damage to undamaged mob without target an 10 second speed 210 movement speed.

(well amok charge isnt a good idea yet but i think rest is an good idea)
DOL dint only gaved me the data to start my server,
it also gaved me 16 amazing years with nice peeps,
and now its on me to return the favor.
PlanarChaosRvrtwo
Database Team

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2