D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

Postby GrimReaper » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Hello! I was wondering if it would be possible to make a dedicated/permanent Suggestion/Wish List Post. I feel as if I and potentially other people have a lot of suggestions/ideas for the server, but I also know you work hard and don't want to keep you busy pestering you with random ideas. There could be a disclaimer saying something along the lines of: By posting in the thread, you acknowledge that Tola is busy, and that not everything is possible to implement or in line with your server theme. However, that being said, I think that it might be beneficial to have some ideas from the community to look at in the brainstorming process. As for right now I will continue to post my suggestions in their own forums, but didn't want to fill the forum up with my random ideas. Thanks!
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Re: Suggestion/Wish List Permanent Post

Postby Tolakram » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Sure. I can sticky this post.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

D2 ROG Loot Only

Postby GrimReaper » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:29 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to limit ROG to only include d2 stats? Removing the chance for bonuses that add to things like +Slash Resistance, +Mind Control, or even +Empathy, Piety (in lieu of Acuity). I can provide a list of all the stats that I think should be included, but basically it would be anything that could be found in a trinket. I feel as if the rest of that stuff ultimately just takes up room. Don't know if that would be changing too much about the core code, but figured I would ask.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Frontiers and Corrupted Isles

Postby GrimReaper » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 am

General Idea: Increase the level of Frontiers Mobs. Allow access to Corrupted Isles in Realm Mode and access to Frontiers in Hell Mode.

Explanation: I feel as if there is a lack of high level mass spawns (where the spawn is red-purple to 80) and I thought that a viable solution to this would be to increase the level of Frontiers mobs, and allow Hell mode to access them. This way we can create the ultimate mass killing challenge. The lowest spawns would be around level 80, and most of the spawns would be purple to 80. In return for the challenge and due to the area becoming more end game in this scenario, I am thinking that maybe the mobs could offer more realm points, 1000-1400 maybe a mob? Of course, in order for this to work, realm mode would need somewhere to exp, so they would get access to Corrupted Isles for low levels.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Re: D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

Postby xmidnight8x » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I may have mentioned these in another post.

- High lvl bosses just for fun or trophies. Though I think the D3 encounter is amazing, I feel it's the one end game challenge everyone fights over. I think using the relic fortresses or even remote places in the Acts to have a high lvl boss that simply has a lot of hit points and a few tricks other than spamming nature damage pbae and dd's would be a nice addition to end game content. Even if their only reward were trophies for housing that would be cool, don't need any new things really unless it's part of the main quest stuff. Boss ideas:

- Chimera in Act 2
- Hydra (or a giant mushroom!) in Act 3
- Mid Dragon in Act 5

Passage of Conflict. Was a fun dungeon, maybe this could be the area of the high lvl mobs Grim mentioned? Throw in Summoner's Hall for a few epic bosses.
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Chants/Songs Frequency

Postby GrimReaper » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:16 pm

I was thinking about a way to make chants more useful, specifically: Blade Turn, End Regen, Power Regen, Health Regen, AE Damage Chant, Absorb, maybe some others I am not thinking of. In the nature of this server, these abilities become almost a non-factor because they are so slow. If every chant/song had a 1second frequency, than it might be more beneficial on this server. Bubble would occur every second, Absorb would be cast every second, etc. There are several classes that might benefit from this, such as: Minstrel, Bard, Scout, Paladin, Warden, Valkyrie, Reaver, Bainshee, Runemaster, Theurgist, etc... Seems to me that it would make these abilities much more functional. Dunno if it would be possible to just adjust chant/song frequency across the board...
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

More D2 Crafting Items Suggestions

Postby GrimReaper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:43 am

I like the Socket Drill, I think it is a great idea. I was thinking that maybe there ought to be a crafting socket wrench, combiner and malus hammer that cost money and require a minimum metalworking level. These would be the proposed crafting items including the recent ones for example:

Socket Drill / Add Socket - 900 Metalworking - 1p
Smith's Socket Wrench / Remove Socket - 1000 Metalworking - 2p
Smith's Combiner / Combine Trinkets - 1100 Metalworking - 3p
Smith's Malus Hammer / Increase Stats 30% - 1200 Metalworking - 4p
Smith's Greater Socket Wrench / Remove All Sockets - 1300 Metalworking - 5p
Smith's Greater Socket Drill / Add Max Sockets - 1300 Metalworking - 5p

Metalworking is a great skill for this because it can be increased through Armor Crafting, Weapon Crafting, and Metal Crafting. Which makes it easier to level, 650 in both ac/wc should max you out at 1300 Metalworking.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Increase Healing Effectiveness Cap

Postby GrimReaper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 am

Previously I had discussed giving healers an instant heal, another idea I have thought of that might be a lot easier to implement, could be to increase the cap to healing effectiveness, to roughly 200% - 600%, enough that one heal could heal for like 6,000-10,000. Once again, I feel as if this is to address the fact that healing is underused/less effective than self healing through potions.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Global Vault

Postby GrimReaper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:55 am

I wanted to suggest a Global Vault, where people can donate items for people to freely take. Something that could stay in Cotswold and help new players/low level players. Mostly as a way to promote community spirit and sharing, it could have a dialog maybe saying that you have no control over who has access to this vault, so no one accidentally uses it.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Single Line Respecs

Postby GrimReaper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 am

Hello, I wanted to propose that you offer Single Line Respecs, in addition to or in lieu of the Respec All, because most of the time I respec, it is one line for another, but respeccing everything requires me to redo all of my quickbars. I think this is probably the same for a lot of people.. you always keep certain skills at the same level, like mana shield.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

More Spec Points for Casters/Healers

Postby GrimReaper » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 pm

It seems to me like Casters/Healers are a bit shafted when it comes to spec points, whereas other classes have so many spec points (Stealthers/Tanks) that they can spec every line available to them. The main reason why casters and healers only ever had 1.0x spec points was because they had only one spell line to spec in at minimum. I feel as if 1.5x spec points (My guess as to their amount) is not enough to level important abilities (Control/Mana Shield/Spell Echo) and more than one spell line until around much higher levels if its ever impossible. Casters/Healers are forced to do much more choosing when it comes to their spec, forced to sacrifice higher spell echo damage or defensive abilities if they want more than one spell line. I wanted to compare Casters/Healers to Tanks/Assassins so there important abilities are listed below...

Tank (2.0 Spec Points): Zeal, Weapon, Buff Line, Parry, Shield (5 lines)
Assassin (2.5 Spec Points): Zeal, Shock and Awe, Critical Strike, Weapon, Stealth, Dual Wield, Envenom (7 lines)
Caster (1.0 Spec Points): Spell Echo, Control or Mana Shield, Spell Line 1, Spell Line 2, Spell Line 3 (5 lines)
Healer (1.0 Spec Points): Twister, Mana Shield, Weapon, Buff Line, Spell Line, Heal Line, and possibly Spell Echo, Control (6-8 lines)

Based on this, it seems as if most list casters should have the same amount of spec points as a tank, and that healers should have the amount of spec points closer to an assassin.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Caravan Locations

Postby GrimReaper » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:51 pm

I was wondering if it would be possible to add Corrupted Isles (Gothwaite) and Frontiers (Castle Sauvage) to the locations that you can port too on the Caravan Warriv. That way you can get there without having to go through Act 1. Just a thought..
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Zone Wish List

Postby GrimReaper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Two zones that I really would love to play in and that are not yet implemented on d2 are Hibernia Mainland and Midgard Shrouded Isles. I realize it probably takes forever to create a zone so I don't expect this to be possible in the short term, however, in the long term I would love to be able to access these zones.

I was thinking that Midgard Shrouded Isles could be a unique Hell-Only Zone.

And for mainland Hibernia, I was thinking that it could be an epic zone, accessible after you complete Act 5. Dragon Epic could be more challenging by having all three Dragons together in Hibernia Dragon zone. So you don't fight one Dragon, but all three at the same time. Making each Dragon drop realm specific loot (like helms), in addition to stuff usable by anyone. Maybe this could also be the zone for higher level mass spawns of mobs as I suggested earlier for Realm Mode. Ideally, everything in the zone would be purple to 80. It should be more like the Acts, accessible only after you complete quests from the prior act, but instead labeled Epic Zone.

Maybe you could add an Epic Armor Quest / Champion Weapon Quest to it, so that people can get the armor skin of their epic and champion weapons with decent stats. Combined they could bring all stats to roughly 70% of caps, so that they are viable, but still not better than armor that must be built through trinkets/sockets. Also making them untradeable/unsocketable/unwrenchable, would basically make them a way for people to have decent functioning armor that can be replaced in the long term.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Healing Classes and Rarely Used Weapons

Postby GrimReaper » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Currently there are many weapons that are underused due to very few classes having access to them, so I was thinking that maybe giving the three healing classes access to them might add more variety to the weapons in use.

These are the additions I was thinking about (in addition to existing choices):

Druid: Scythe, Mauler Staff, Mauler Fist Wraps
Cleric: Whips, Mauler Staff, Mauler Fist Wraps
Healer: Claws, Scythe

This way the most underused weapons all are used by a minimum of 3 classes, making them much more widespread.
GrimReaper
DOL Apprentice

Re: D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

Postby Demonhunter » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Sorry misstyped each annilus mean Hellfire torch

i would like to model my items and i have a decent idea to do it:
use a random list (take em from unique item merchant) of 100 items + a remodel token
u add merchant to buy a random gambled item of that list with an annilus

but annilus need an xplain too:
if u kill countess + summoner+ nihlatak u earn keys in normal diablo
u open 3 portals to kill uber izual uber andariel and uber duriel and earn diablos horn, baals eye and mephistos brain
u use brain eye and horn to open uber tristram ( a destroyed town that was they only town in diablo 1)

based to this:
what about make diablo drop a horn baal drop an eye and mephisto drop a brain (in realm mode)
u give em to an porter or anything u like more and u port instantly to Trollheim.
there u place Uber mobs
one of it will drop an annilus
(agramon was d3 so bad idea)
(annilus is farmable from diablo clone after 9000-11000 stone of jordans was sold on one server ip)
Last edited by Demonhunter on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonhunter
DOL Visitor

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2