Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

Re: D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

Postby Demonhunter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:54 pm

what about add diablo 1 quests? as an extra way
u could use alb tutorial for it entrace to church in the town in the east
the entrace to the spider hole could be in the keep
the entrace to the hell could be demons breach entrace

the church could be laby of minotaur
the door infront agramons lair u could use as port to the catacombs of church (spindelhalla)
the spider hole could be Cave of Cruachan
the hell could be one of the unused cl dungeons

Npc setting:
Griswold (blacksmith)
Adria (equipment &supply merchant)
Ogden (arrows, Bolts, and Scrolls)
Gillian (Trainer)
Pepin (healer)
Cain (same as in d2)
Wirt (gambler)
Farnham ( Market)
Wounded Townsman (All purposed dyes)
Tremain (poison Merchant)
Wirret (name registrar)
Last edited by Demonhunter on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonhunter
DOL Visitor

Postby Demonhunter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 pm

for the idea of an proc socket wrench:
u could add an event like diablo clone
(if someone sell enough sojs (like 5)he can enter but he can make portal so peeps who dont sold em can join too.
The one who sold the rings can port to diablo clones lair
(use the extra dungeon in avalon city for it
Diablo can drop a Proc Wrench (named annilus)
(Diablo Clone should be epic encounter only doable with meleestyles)
becouse in d2 u cant kill clone with caster
and we need a reason to play a melee

soj=stone of jordan
Demonhunter
DOL Visitor

Postby xmidnight8x » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:54 am

some things came to mind when I came back to play a few days ago in addition to previous ideas:

Main Healers (and Bards) get self buff that doubles all heal spell effectiveness (stacks with + ToA heal bonus and Mastery of Healing)

Main Healers (and Bards) get magic/melee ablative added to their spec heal spells. Or a 10 second damage reduction % buff that goes above cap. Problem seems to be that some bosses in Realm or Hell mode become straight up "spam health potion" fights. The buff value would be 1/4 of the main healing specline, so a Druid/Bard/Healer/Cleric specced 80 in regrowth/mending/rejuv would have a 20% damage reduction buff. Or whatever seems reasonable.

MLs/end game abilities. someone posted some ideas above about getting better abilities with realm skill points, I like it but I know some MLs would be useless so maybe tweak them a bit or simply have only a few unique abilities. A crazy end game way to get these could be after you get rr13 you gain ML xp from realm points/xping but I know rr13 takes a long time to get hence the end game aspect of it ;)

Additional Boss tricks . For end game content I think some fun boss encounters with trophies or 1 unique drop per boss (like weapon proc or armor proc, but cool ones like summon creature proc or AE stun procs) are fine. Ways to help make bosses be less about spamming HP potions could be things like:
  • - bosses can stun and mez, or spawn adds that can.
    - power & end sapping, it feels after being decked out there is no need for power potions.
    - bosses do different things at certain HP; I remember on one freeshard they had an end boss that would disappear at 75% hp and spawn clones of your own character, then when you killed them he came back. At 50% HP he then spawned different adds you had to kill, at 25% HP he kept pulsing an AE fire dot. Things like bosses that teleport to a keep, other area, or transform when they get low on health could be fun (similar to how the D3 encounter has many steps to the encounter which makes it very enjoyable).
    - dragons could toss you in the air as they do on live
    - some boss encounters could be that you need specific class or realm types to complete; maybe relic fortresses require 3 toons who are mid, hib, and alb to destroy certain objects or to stop the boss from doing x,y, & z.
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Demonhunter » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:17 pm

what about change porter for pve to the ground seals like it was in true diablo?
Demonhunter
DOL Visitor

Postby Gerk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:11 am

I was playin a few tank classes for the past couple days and noticed they could use some improvement in the dps department. paladin specifically needs some extra burst damage. i dunno if they have lower weaponskill than any other tank but they seem to miss an awful lot. i was thinkin paladins could maybe get some smite spells or something with holy damage? also the recast timer on the taunt should be lowered from 15 seconds to something more useful here maybe somewhere in between 2 to 5 seconds. possibly increase the agro generation of the taunt styles as well. 3 is hardly noticable when dps is crackin boss mobs for huge damage. would help a bunch against the big mobs that are planned to be introduced in the future. anyways just some ideas i had.
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Hunter bow dps is pretty weak. Against the boss mob dummy its alright, around 500 dps, need to test melee dps on it but im assuming it will be the same as the other dps classes. but against the level 130 normal mob bow dps is barely 2000, whereas hunter melee dual wield dps is over 5000. Also their hit point pool is wicked small. with aug con 5 and toughness 5 along with capped stats, the hunter has 9610 hp. thats way too close to 1 shot territory.
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby xmidnight8x » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

what if Paladins got Odins Will?
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Odins will could be fun, but i dont really see it as a paladin skill line. Sure its got hammers and stuff, but its the wrong lore behind the class. Paladins in my experience have this "you shall now be smitten for your crimes" or "i shall smite thee in his name" type attitude. Possibly a custom class skill Smite? does a % of damage to target mob/minion/boss. Cant be a damage add because they do 0 extra damage to boss mobs, even on normal mobs the damage is negligible an extra 15 damage or so when normal hits/crits are in the 500-1500 range. but im rambling now... so good time to stop lol
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Has anybody come up with the idea for dual wielding 2 handed weapons? Possibly on the warrior/armsman/hero classes? Could help for some damage increase. Im guessing it would be easiest to use the right hand slot for the main 2 hander, and the 2 hand slot for the 2 handed offhand weapon. If its even possible.
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Klogan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 am

I think Paladin could get Smite and Valor from Champion to punish its target.... But I'd rather like the idea of Smite spec only.
Klogan
DOL Novice

Postby xmidnight8x » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Think you are thinking of Stormcalling for Thanes Gerk :p Odin's Will is what Valkyries get; group offensive proc, DD, cone DD, pulse cone DD, resurrection.
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:31 am

lol youre right i was thinkin about stormcalling. the valk line could be cool i suppose but it needs some adjustments to work better here. either faster ticks, or more damage per tick. the valk heals could also use some lovin too :P
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:50 pm

I dont know about anybody else here that plays a caster, but it seems pretty bad when a caster is forced to melee because of the interrupt amount vs minions/bosses is crazy high. I was leveling a bainshee earlier this week (i have more casters, just usin this as an example) and on the ancients i would sit there trying to cast for at least 10-15 seconds not getting one cast off. When you can stretch the combat window the full length of the screen and see nothing but trying to cast... tryin to cast... trying to cast... trying to cast..... there is something off about that.
Maybe the concentration bonus cap could be raised from its current 35 to 50 maybe? 8)
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Do you have + concentration gear? I use this to reduce the interrupt rate, little known fact I think I documented in a hard to find location, in small print. :) If so, then yes, needs to be adjusted!
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Gerk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Aww no faith tola lol. Of course i have + concentration capped :P
Gerk
DOL Novice

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2