Re: D2 Suggestion/Wish List Sticky Post

Postby Tolakram » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Ok. Fix is probably to double the effectiveness of +conc
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Gerk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I still have a few caster classes left to level so ill be able to test the change. Lemme know when you have time to change it and ill get on it.
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 am

Youve probably already seen this. But just incase you havent and are in need of other boss names from d2 i found this....
http://www.diablowiki.com/Super_Unique

and some possible armor sets
http://www.diablowiki.com/Category:Diablo_II_Sets

and some extra quests
http://www.diablowiki.com/Quests_%28Diablo_II%29

of course... more loot :P
http://www.diablowiki.com/Items_%28Diab ... t_of_Items
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 am

Millane and I were brainstorming the other day and came up with a neat idea. A mode attainable after beating normal that is focused mainly on grouping up.

How would you do this you ask? Well with the ability to spam heal yourself with either rejuv/health pots or the abhorrents set it pretty much knocks healing classes out of the group theory besides buffs. So we thought to disable them in this mode. A modified heal and power potion could be rendered specially for this mode if one was needed just nothing as powerful as super potions.

Ok, thats great. We put healers back in the loop. What about a challenge worth enough to actually need a group. Besides just redoing the normal quests and boss encounters with the potions and abhorrents disabled we came up with the idea to spice up the boss mobs a little. Different stages in the boss encounter could spawn additional monsters or even minions. Think... D3 that spawns 20+ mini D3's. :shock:

Nice, just toss out ideas like "Lets make pigs fly!" This would be a huge undertaking as it would take scripting multiple boss encounters and coding everything to work properly. Even adjusting skills to work appropriately for this mode. Tank taunts and agro generating attacks would have to be looked into for one. Would do no good to group up only to wipe every time cause the tank cant hold agro. Also heals would have to be increased to make them more able to heal an 18k health pool.

So in conclusion to this long wall of text, this could be a really fun addition that brings more of a group role to an already great game. As always its just a suggestion and no worries if it doesnt get a second glance. Hopefully it helps with creating other ideas for additional content.
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Gerk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 am

Came across a Bestiary with mob locations site, could be helpful.
http://capnbry.net/daoc/
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Graveen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 am

Sadly Capnbry is totally outdated (in example, the decided to make start zones low level and scale mobs' levels by distance from start zones).

You also have a bestiary in JoL forums: http://camelot.jeuxonline.info/?mod=bes ... ls&zone=68
which was basded on volunteer logs analyzing (cap'n bry was iirc radar-based).
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Tolakram » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Ok. Fix is probably to double the effectiveness of +conc
I found the issue. Cap is listed as 50% but actually, for casters, was 30%. I have fixed the bug and bumped the cap up to 60% and, once the next restart happens, will need some feedback to see if this fixes caster miss issues.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Gerk » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Weird that casters had the negative since they are the ones that actually needed the conc lol. Awesome that its adjusted now, Ill test it on one of my level 80 casters for some quick first impressions. Ill probably level an eldritch or something to get a good feel for the change throughout the level increase as well.
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:53 am

... nothing live yet, hopefully by the next restart.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Reyal » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:54 am

Any way to link the cooldowns on warlock instant casts to the same formula as cast speed and have cast speed reduce the recharge?

for instance: spell 3 sec cast, +100% cast speed ( cast speed/2) = 1.5 sec cast speed.
instant, 3 sec delay, same formula, 1.5 sec delay with +100% cast speed. with all the variables in there, it would equate to instant cast, but same rate of spell output, capping at whatever you have it set at (like 1/5th a second at this point?) and make warlocks instants meaningful my comparison to other classes spells.

wouldn't mind a spell echo in there either, i know you made them pet classes but echo truly is a work of art when it comes to laying out caster damage.

also, heretics could use a similar formula to increase tick rate, all dots could in fact.
Reyal
DOL Initiate

Postby Gerk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 am

I think the reason he didnt make the warlock instants as powerful as the other classes spells is cause they are instant, no need to stop running. I think the recast timer on the instants was a good idea to level out the dps and op'ness of havin instant cast spells.
Spell echo on the warlock i would LOVE to see.
Also i was thinkin about a different caster ability. Since quake/lightning/fire weapon procs are useless to casters i was thinkin there could be an ability that makes spells do triple damage. Sorta like a chain reaction type thing. I hate to use a wow reference here.... but elemental shamans had this ability that made their lightning bolt spell have a chance to cast another lightning bolt spell free of charge and cast. Sorta like a lightning bolt gatling gun. Perhaps it could be similar but just reapply the damage. Would probably be wicked hard to code though..... and im gonna stop rambling...
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Yea, caster procs of some sort need addressed. Either that or I find away to launch procs when a spell is cast.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Reyal » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 pm

I think the reason he didnt make the warlock instants as powerful as the other classes spells is cause they are instant, no need to stop running.
I fail to see the problem with allowing them to be powerful, when vamps (who now have a radius) can cast everything they own at a dead sprint, and at range, hell if they had echo they would be the most powerful caster on the server hands down. even maulers kick can be cast while moving. and they DO have echo.. locks need love, (heretics too, dont let that get lost)

even bainshee's can melee while pulsing their channeled pbaoe. assuming anything even lives long enough to get in range besides bosses and anything minion+ thats highly resistant to spell echo.

yes there is a valid argument (locks have highest delve pbaoe in entire game by about 100 points i believe) but every 2 seconds in a server where other casters can get off 20 spells in that time frame is a bit of a machete to testicles kinda deal breaker.... and just giving them echo WOULD indeed make up for alot of that... but any caster (especially those with teleport) can easily stop a dead sprint to cast, with /face/stick macro's or teleporting, which isntantly stops you, and puts you in center mass of a crowd

/rant off baby, phew that was a stretch.
Reyal
DOL Initiate

Postby Gerk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:15 pm

I fail to see the problem with allowing them to be powerful, when vamps (who now have a radius) can cast everything they own at a dead sprint, and at range, hell if they had echo they would be the most powerful caster on the server hands down.
lol the vamps spells are laughable. Compared to their melee damage, spells do virtually nothing at most they are a dot that gets resisted like 80% of the time vs d3 and only add like 200 dps on the dummies. Before tola added the mini radius to the vamps spells it was retarded to try and solo more than 1 mob at a time since it has 0 aoe capabilities. After adding the radius vamps are more equal to the rest of the classes.
even bainshee's can melee while pulsing their channeled pbaoe. assuming anything even lives long enough to get in range besides bosses and anything minion+ thats highly resistant to spell echo.
the bainshee channeled pbaoe im assuming doesnt work like its name suggests. pretty much its exactly like the valk ability. going off every 2 seconds or w/e the time is (been a couple weeks since i played one). but i wouldnt really see this as the same thing as instant cast aoe. the mauler being able to do kicks and what not while moving makes sense. its not technically a spell since they are using their feet. sure it has spell aspects in the damage and it may be called a spell.... but does chuck norris or jackie chan have to stop... then cast their kicks? :P
yes there is a valid argument (locks have highest delve pbaoe in entire game by about 100 points i believe) but every 2 seconds in a server where other casters can get off 20 spells in that time frame is a bit of a machete to testicles kinda deal breaker....
ive played a lock and i can say without a doubt they are stupidly powerful, cant just try and use their instant aoe to kill everything, even though technically i suppose you could. there are so many different combinations of damage variants you could do on the lock while having the instant aoe to boot.

i still agree with ya though that they should get spell echo, its a caster castin spells... why not? lol

p.s. pet bomb is uber
Gerk
DOL Novice

Postby Demonhunter » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:50 am

Due to a big fail i did is it maybe possible to add a merchant that sells the items u sold (listing last 20 items)

i sold a ring with some incrased stats 20 mins ago is it possible to get this ring back since it was real hard work to do the ring?
would be nice if u could give me back but i know its a damn fault of me!
(it was on caving)
Thanks for ur time
Demonhunter
DOL Visitor

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2