Better solution to realm rank 13 - 20 (botting problem)

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

Better solution to realm rank 13 - 20 (botting problem)

Postby xmidnight8x » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:54 pm

I know realm rank 20 is suppose to be one of things that should take a year or two years of solid playing to gain, but right now the only way to get it EFFICIENTLY seems to be by leaving your PC on going afk for months inside the Ellyl Castle in Forest Sauvage (which someone has been doing for the past month+ *cough* /stats top) :lol:

This doesn't ruin the server for me, but I do feel there is a better way to get ahead on realm ranks for end game than just being afk botting all day with a pet. Idea? Realm Point Tokens.

Right now for the end game stuff there is not much reason to kill the bosses except for trophies and D3 is a fun experience, but why not add tokens that can be traded in for realm points etc. make a few tier ones:

lower range RP token; 5000 rps (example of chances to drop from; lvl 80+ frontier mobs, keep towers, Diablo 1, Baal 1 on normal)
mid range RP token; 15000 rps (Hib Zone Hell mobs, beno keep towers, lower lvl keeps like Blood Raven, Caer Renaris)
high end RP token; 30000 rps (Boldiam, Benowyck, Xanxicar, Nightmare lvl bosses of D1,D2, Baal, etc)
epic RP token; 100000 rps (D3, Surs/Eras keeps, D1/D2, Baal on Hell)

just an idea
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Re: Better solution to realm rank 13 - 20 (botting problem)

Postby Tolakram » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Interesting. Maybe this could be a drop in the hell region?
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby xmidnight8x » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:02 pm

yeah something like that ;)
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Ukobat » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:49 am

Would it be possible to pool together the RP of any characters that have cleared all 4 game modes? Generally I am at ~60 million at completion; this also allows a pseudo variant of shared RP across an account, and for you to continue creating new classes to go through the game without preventing you from progressing in RR
Ukobat
DOL Apprentice

Postby xmidnight8x » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 pm

like if you can create RP tokens yourself to XFer RPs? That would be neat too. I like the new Hell zone but I feel there is not much reason to be there if you're already lvl 80, even though the mobs give a few more RPs than New Frontiers, NF has much more mobs and they die faster so you can get more RPs/hour. If mobs in the new Hib Hell zone had chance to drop RP tokens then it would be well worth to spend time in 8)
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Ukobat » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:42 pm

If the tokens stack, maybe

Otherwise they will take time to sort through in inventory and you'll get less RP than if you had ignored all items and killed mobs instead
Ukobat
DOL Apprentice

Postby xmidnight8x » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 pm

If the tokens stack, maybe

Otherwise they will take time to sort through in inventory and you'll get less RP than if you had ignored all items and killed mobs instead
yeah def have them stack like what Gaheris the DAoC live PvE server did.
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2