New idea: D2 - Abyss Mode

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

New idea: D2 - Abyss Mode

Postby adekhine » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:20 pm

ok, I have an idea.
It's not based on the storyline of Diablo, but I think it can be a source of fun that will force people to use their character in a different way.

Abyss Mode

- Speak with "D2 Difficulty" in Cotswold, and choose the Abyss Mode
(you may need to complete the Normal mode?).
- Your character start level 1 naked
(clear all inventory ONLY for Abyss mode, or alternatively, you can go in Abyss mode only if you are naked).
- You start in Ruin of Atlantis with a stupid base staff and the "Abyss Token - Act I". Only 1 mob, a teleporter. He can teleport you in Cathal Valley if you have the token.
- So you use the token and you are in Hib Keep in Cathal Valley. No quest. Only a npc tell you that you have to kill the boss in Orseo Keep.
- So, you start exp, find a good objects, make a quite good template, and when you think you are ready, you will go in Orseo Keep to kill the boss, but you die. No bindpoint, so you return in Ruin of Atlantis, and you can only exit Abyss mode.

IF YOU DIE, GAME OVER, YOU ARE DEAD.

You can restart Abyss mode to level 1, naked, with only the stupid hated staff.

If you kill the boss, he drop 100% the "Abyss Token - Act II", and you return in Hib Keep, and you use the token at the teleporter for the next zone, with a high level boss, and so on.

How long can you survive?

The new features are:
- You start level 1 with no inventory (no access to Horadic Stash, Trinket Bag, nothing).
- You exp, find item (with a minor bosses on the map for good items), you make a good template (and enjoy if you find a +5 heal regain trinket), and kill the boss for the next act.
- If you go afk and a stupid green mob kill you, you are dead! Go back in Cotswold and restart Abyss mode from lvl 1, naked again. (no bindpoint, and no ress).

I know it's a hard work for:
- clear inventory only in Abyss
- No Ress Spells
- Teleporter with a custom token

but I think it can be a good idea for this custom server. I'm not able to write code, but I have my own home server and I'm good with the creation of the world (mobs, objects, items...), if needed I can help for worldcreations.

So, what do you think Tola?
And what does D2-Players thinks about it?
It's a bad idea?
Any suggestions?
adekhine
DOL Visitor

Re: New idea: D2 - Abyss Mode

Postby Tolakram » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks for the idea. No real time at the moment other than fix bugs with the new zone I just added, but this is an interesting idea. :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: New idea: D2 - Abyss Mode

Postby Graveen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Agree ;)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2