Guild tax

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

Guild tax

Postby Griefshire » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:04 pm

I got a question. Could it be possible to move the Notification of the guild tax,
because if you activated this, it spams in the chat and it is difficult to see if
someone has written something.

with best regards Griefshire
Griefshire
DOL Apprentice

Re: Guild tax

Postby Tolakram » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Would require a core change to allow me to override the guild code for D2, which I am loath to do. D2 as a few issues where messages not normally seen that often end up being spam due to the mob kill rates. I have no quick fix for this.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:58 pm

I should add,

the other incentive for making this and other changes like this is a reduction in bandwidth requirements, since all this spam is being streamed from the server to the client.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Griefshire » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Nice to read.

Its pity, for now we want use the function to payment the guildhouse, but with the spam its such a thing.
Entertainment are thus hardly possible.
Griefshire
DOL Apprentice

Postby Tolakram » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Yea, it is a shame, but one of my primary goals is to show people you can run a crazy different server and still use the core code without modification.

Of course I have access to the core and so I can make any modifications needed that keep the core functionality unchanged but allow me to override pieces for D2. Unfortunately a lot of core code is not very object oriented, like our spell system and guild system, which makes these kinds of mods time consuming.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby dargon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:16 pm

on live wasnt guild dues moved to a system log instead of guild-chat log. which would actually be a small chamge in the core for the type of chat output. would have to log on live and see where our dues show to be sure but i do beleive its set as a system output now not guild. so it could even be a live-like fix... i may check it out tonight and even upload a fix if i do rexall correctly for a patch, may be useful for more than just D2, i have had the same complaint on Forsaken Worlds
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2