Boss Fight Idea

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

Boss Fight Idea

Postby azraelelf » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:46 am

So, I was chatting with a couple of people today on the D2 shard and I mentioned the Rassa island from live.. then an idea struck me.

What about opening the Rassa islands (the chain of three in Oceanus Anatole at 40k 15k) and making it a... I don't know exactly how to word it other than calling it a gauntlet. Try to follow me here...

Island 1, you've got your portalet (only available to NM and up). A healer, a merchant (I'll get to it later), maybe a trainer and of course your stash. Proceed across bridge.

Island 2, you have a stone (like used for tal rasha quest) that when you activate, it spawns a random boss from Act 1-3... or two bosses. If you die, you start all over at island 1. If you leave the island (go in the water like on ML quest 1 on live server), you lose. If you win, proceed to island 3.

Island 3, you have another stone and when you activate, it spawns 2-3 random bosses from act 4-5. Same rules apply.

If you win, there is no loot. Well, maybe a bunch of platinum (due to how hard this task is), a set item OR something like treasure tokens that you can use for the merchant on island 1.

If I had the coding experience... I would gladly write it. I always did HTML/PHP/Zend type stuff. Oh... and the bosses on the islands would need to be stupidly strong. Like, strong enough it could make Diablo 3 his little girlfriend lol. Max resists, etc.

If that idea is too crazy... how about at least a side quest that takes you to Rassa island to fight Rassa. Diablo's cousin or some crazy BS like that. Crazy good RP or XP or have it continue to spawn mobs like on live server as long as you're on one of the platforms. Just an idea...
azraelelf
DOL Initiate

Re: Boss Fight Idea

Postby Millane » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:07 pm

I love the idea. The one flaw here is making them harder than d3. On my valk ,15k+ health I can still die If diablo 3 sneezes and hits me back to back before abhorrents fully heals me. If I were to take 3 bosses on they all hit at the exact same second I'm dead no questions asked. Again I love the Idea, but maybe not make them god's.

This would very much be a delicate balance. Maybe have a timer that I have to kill the bosses fast enough before the platform/island explodes and kills me?
Any and all member of Brute Squad
Aliana rr14 BD
Mrseard rr12 Valk
Millane rr11 Ward
Millane
DOL Visitor

Re: Boss Fight Idea

Postby dargon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:12 pm

a timer system could work.. i wouldnt say before it kills you but before the next boss spawns. so you could end up fighting 2-3 bosses at once if the fight goes on too long
Mannik: Admin of Forsaken Worlds Reborn
dargon
DOL Follower

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2