Reaver, Flex and all things Scythe.

A forum for discussion of the D2 Storm Shard

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Storm Team

Reaver, Flex and all things Scythe.

Postby randariel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi All,

First off, @Tolakram, you have done a wonderful job on this, I haven't had this much fun in DAOC sense release. Thank you for sharing this with the larger community.

So I just started playing on the D2 shard, just got level 50 on a reaver, and am absolutely loving it. Ive died like 50 times but when your having fun, dieing is nothing.

However I do have a few questions around the use of the Flex line (and similarly the Scythe line, in-case i want a VW). I had a guild mate inform me that VW, Heretics, and Reaver's, specifically their primary weapon lines (Flex and Scythe) had all the chain/positional requirements removed from the styles, at the cost of a higher Endurance requirement. I wanted to see if there was any documentation on it? As I am having some funky style issues, that seem to support and at the same time not support this when using a flex weapon. For instance:

I can use the level 18 Flex Style Indigosnake at will (assuming i have enough endo) instead it only being a side attack. However it drains my endurance rather quickly (not complaining, i like the balance). However, when i move up to attempt to use either the level 44 chain Cobra, Levi at 50, it tells me i need to use the prerequisite attack, one being the other side attack Taipan for Cobra, and Boomslag for Levi. Which seems almost impossible to chain as i attack so fast you can never complete either chain. My guildy swore that his Heretic could use either attack with out the prereq at will (assuming endo requirements).

I tried looking at Cain and patch notes but neither seem to discuss this change. I was wondering if anyone could give me a firm answer on this? With regards to both Flex and Scythe.

Moving on from there. I would like to through out a suggestion also. I think adding Scythe to the Reaver Spec lines would also be very cool, and fit thematically with the reaver, granting them a viable 2 handed spec.
randariel
DOL Visitor

Re: Reaver, Flex and all things Scythe.

Postby Tolakram » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:07 am

I may have missed removing the prereq on those styles. I'll look as soon as i get a chance.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby randariel » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:59 am

I may have missed removing the prereq on those styles. I'll look as soon as i get a chance.
OK, Cool. Im going to wait out on the reaver tell you can, seems silly just auto attacking. Having ALOT of fun on a thane right now 2
randariel
DOL Visitor

Postby randariel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:58 am

HI Tolakaram,

Another question for you. What would be the viability of either outright increasing the pulse rate of the Reaver pulse's or adding a stat that would increase the pulse rage of reaver pulse's (assume it would affect bainshees also). The Asorb and DPS auras by them self don't necessarily need to pulse faster, but the damage pulse seems like it could use some loving.

Thanks
randariel
DOL Visitor

Postby Tolakram » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Howdy,

those sound like good ideas, if I ever have time. A lot of classes need some love to their base spell lines.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby randariel » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi Tolakram,

Do you have any idea on a time frame for fixing the reaver styles? wasnt sure if that was a quick fix, or it might take 6 months?

Thanks
randariel
DOL Visitor

Postby Tolakram » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:12 pm

I don't like to say because I really don't know. It will probably be months, especially since my son's Robotics club is taking up a significant amount of my time this time of year.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” Storm Shard: D2