Winding Up

A place for informal discussion about what are on the teams minds in regards to the project or not

Moderators: Support Team, Developer Team

Winding Up

Postby Etaew » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Hello folks!

Due to the open nature of the project people come and go in waves and I plan to be making a regular (but small) return.

What have I been up to?

Well a few months ago I graduated from university with a degree in Web Programming. Although I am happy with the result I am trying to avoid pursuing web development commercially (It's something I've done for years).

I have moved back in with my parents (I know right?) and am investigating graduate job opportunities in the UK. My dream is create my own indie MMO and have begun work on this.

I have spent the last year blogging about and playing DAoC / Warhammer and now I have moved to Guild Wars 2.

What do I aim to do?

My interest in the project is purely on the web aspect and am scheduling an hour a week for website upgrades for the project.

If you have any web related tasks that you would like to suggest be placed on my task list please let me know.

Public Task List

Yup, you know what this project is open source and I am making an executive decision as the Web Team Leader that non security related discussion will take place publicly.

- Clean up the style of the homepage and website
- Introduce a more DAoC Themed style
- Produce a RSS feed for the Blogs and News sections so they are automatically pushed to Facebook (and the IRC channel).

Communication

The DOL team don't communicate well, very few of us have email, instant messaging details and we rely on the forums for communication. (We are a volunteer organisation so there is no requirement to).

Forums are slow, I want to increase communication by promoting the DOL IRC channel. Idle in there, make it your home. I will be.

Server: irc.quakenet.org Channel: #dolserver

If you don't have an IRC client you can use the DOL Web IRC Page.
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Re: Winding Up

Postby Graveen » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Time to raise pidgin from a dusty folder ?! :mrgreen:
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Return to “%s” Blog