Defense Order, LFG, Spec vs Spell Lines (2002-03-15)

Announcements from Mythic with information about the game

Moderator: Project Admin

Defense Order, LFG, Spec vs Spell Lines (2002-03-15)

Postby Etaew » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally: http://www.camelotherald.com/more/264.shtml

It's Time For the Grab Bag!
Posted By: Sanya Thomas
2002-03-15 18:31:57

Short 'n' sweet:

Q: I gotta say I totally disagree with the order of resolution you posted awhile back because of (insert extremely long log file here).

A: One email is a lone crackpot, two emails is a possible problem – and I got more than two emails on the subject. So I went and poked someone with a stick, and got the following answer – the order is evade, parry, shield, guard, hit/miss, and lastly bladeturn (if hit = yes). Try THAT and see if it’s correct.

Q: How far does the LFG flag propagate?

A: Roughly one zone – the range is a circle with you in the middle. If you were standing on the line between two zones, your flag would reach about half of each zone. (This question and several others were part of a regular Q&A I do with http://www.daoc.catacombs.com, one of a dozen sites I hit every day.)

Q: How come you don’t visit (insert website here)?

A: If you know of a terrific class-specific forum, please send me a link with TRY THIS WEBSITE as the header. I currently lurk at the Safehouse, the Drunken Friar, and an Ezboard dedicated to wizards, and I’m always happy to add more.

Q: How does an increase or bonus in spec points affect support class spell lines?

A: Warning, jargon ahead. I got this straight from the spell designer. Basically, any spec points that take you over the level of the spell will make it hit/effect for the maximum. Mez/stun/roots aren’t affected, but healing for example will do +25% every time if your spec is artificially boosted over the level of the spell. Buffs are affected the same way. DD spells will start at +25% if the spec is artificially boosted, but the actual damage will of course be moderated by resistances, etc.

So if you have a natural 50 in your spec line, bonus spec will not help much. But if you can get up to 50 with items, you can save points for other things and still get full spec bonuses. Remember that there are extra bonuses for realm ranks as well.

Q: Could the XML somehow relate characters on the same account/played by the same person? I am asking for the purpose of a guild web page I’m putting together.

A: The trouble with XML is that it’s available for anyone to use, not just your guild. We cannot authenticate who is using which set of information without linking databases, and we don’t want to link our Herald databases to our secure account information databases. See http://www.camelotherald.com/guildfaq.php for more FAQ about the guild features.

Q: What is the overall point of patch 1.48? And when is it going live?

A: We have two goals with 1.48 – one is making RVR last longer, to bring in more tactical elements that are currently not possible with the lightening fast battles. The other goal is evening out the discrepancy between levels. I’ve been saying since we launched that our intent was that a 40th level player should have a shot at a 50th level player. Maybe not a GREAT chance, but a chance. Hence the increase to the to-hit factor for lower level players and pets in RVR, along with some other changes currently on Pendragon.

1.48 has gone through several revisions in response to feedback from people who have actually tried it out, as well as a lot of internal testing. I am keeping a close watch on the concerns of the player community as well. It will go live when we’ve gotten in beaten into rough shape – it is a huge thing, and hopefully when we’re done it will be a good thing as well.
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Return to “%s” Grab Bags