Account/Character Helper

A forum for development and discussion on third party tools such as the Quest Designer

Moderator: Project Admin

Re: Account/Character Helper

Postby tobz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:03 pm

geshi wrote:
Graveen wrote:it is called heidisql !

Yes but for example you could do..

Delete Graveen from players; and that would delete anything to do with Graveen in all the DB's

or Modify Graveen from players RespecAll + 1;

Without having to use 200 lines to delete everything to do with a player in Heidi.. yes i know you can add a respec with one line but thats easier and if its visual then :D

It'd be a lot easier to define proper table relationships and defining deleting cascade behavior and stick with plain jane SQL.
tobz
DOL Devotee

Postby stephenxpimentel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Graveen wrote:This could be an helpful tool, Stephen, completing the set of *Creators.

I suggest you to make a "Character Creator": basically, all oriented to player management. This includes Account,

I also strongly suggest you to base you work on different tables:
a) account: password changing, plvl and single permissions
b) dolcharacters: specs, level/rps/bps, name
c) inventory: adding, deleting, viewing...
d) quests & tasks: removing

I have a deep look on it, be sure, and i'll be glad to officially set it as a tool for Dawn of Light if it reaches a certain point.

There is only 1 problem that i have with doing dolcharacters, and thats the fact that i can't force a respec on them (realm or skills), I think dinbergs spec point coherence check would take care of spec points, but the players would still have RAs, and gain extra ones if they respec realm... this is my problem with it :D Maybe if we added something to support it in DOL like.. character.ForceRespec(eRespecType.Realm); idk..
Lets have some fun.
stephenxpimentel
Contributor

Postby stephenxpimentel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Billy wrote:I do like the idea your going with... But one thing i did see was that there is no exception handlers which is causing the program to crash. For instance click delete account without logging into mysql

fixed all the buttons, no more crashing :)
Lets have some fun.
stephenxpimentel
Contributor

Postby Graveen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 pm

stephenxpimentel wrote:
There is only 1 problem that i have with doing dolcharacters, and thats the fact that i can't force a respec on them (realm or skills), I think dinbergs spec point coherence check would take care of spec points, but the players would still have RAs, and gain extra ones if they respec realm... this is my problem with it :D Maybe if we added something to support it in DOL like.. character.ForceRespec(eRespecType.Realm); idk..

You are developping a tool for database management.... Stay in the scope of database management. This is not server related.

And basically the trouble is identical when you change the name etc..
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Invictus Maneo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 am

Graveen wrote:
stephenxpimentel wrote:

You are developping a tool for database management.... Stay in the scope of database management. This is not server related.

And basically the trouble is identical when you change the name etc..

Anything that can be done via a method in the core can be done directly via DB can't it?

Mind you; pretty sure you would have to make sure not to try and write to a players stuff whilst they're logged on.
Google - Its there to help you!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google
Invictus Maneo
DOL Acolyte

Return to “%s” Third Party Tools