MerlinSpellCreator 3.20

A forum for development and discussion on third party tools such as the Quest Designer

Moderator: Project Admin

MerlinSpellCreator 3.20

Postby Trick » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 am

Hey all, it's me! back from real life again, I recently have been recruited back into programming for dawn of light and my buddy asked me to make him a spell creator tool like my old one, which supposedly had a virus, I did make one and its under 60 lines of easy to understand code, I am releasing the solution so you can basically take my sln and create a template out of it, or just compile. It requires Microsoft C# Express Edition 2010 and you can scan it a million times, my system is safe under Kaspersky and I don't ever plan on harming other peoples equipment. Originally I think someone said it had a virus, the confusion probably came from some hacker who had a grudge against me for banning him :P Now that I think about it if it was Mirage that is 100% accurate, (or bombz roolz smokes etc..), and those accusations led to hours of hard work getting thrown away, so download at your own risk (I know it's safe but you don't :( ) but anyway I hope you guys find this useful it is up to date with the latest spell database, I left out all the vanity tools my previous builds had because I didn't want antivirus to detect suspicious webbrowser activities (i.e. metty the bart site lol...) so basically enjoy and I really am only here to help, if there are bugs ( which I doubt since this is such a compact project ) then let me know, otherwise have fun with it!

Another side note: before really learning to code, I was embarrassed releasing my older versions, I liked to declare the 41 variables before, each with a unique name, then assigning values on build, hence I never released such a horrendous contraption :D
And!! -> one thing you will probably want to add is the simple things like Compiled.SaveFile(savefiledialog.filename); etc. you get the idea, I left that out to keep it short, also you can switch this up to be for items or whatever, the possibilities are endless! Have fun here's the link, sorry for giving you the great wall of text lol..

PLEASE give me input, I like when people say thank you :D

?page=userreleases&view=638
Code: Select all
If at first you don't succeed, then you are mediocre ;)

Trick
DOL Novice

Re: MerlinSpellCreator 3.20

Postby Trick » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:19 am

ALSO i forgot to mention, this is using Navicat for MySQL syntax, so if you have other MYSQL tools that have different syntax you will need to modify the ConvertToAddQuery string method, also you will notice each control that I get the value from is named either SC1 to SC41 that is the order it is going to be placed in, (SC stands for SpellCreator), so if you need to add values or w/e make sure you change the name of the controls to match which order they will be placed in when the button is pressed.

Trick
DOL Novice

Postby Graveen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 am

Thank you Trick !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Trick » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:27 pm

yw :)

Trick
DOL Novice

Postby geshi » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Can you convert it to 2008 please? or upload just the application? :)
geshi
Contributor

Postby Trick » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:59 pm

?page=userreleases&view=639
This is the 2008 version of my source, I don't plan on compiling or releasing a compiled version for a while, I was hoping someone could build off of mine :) anyway there you go Gesh enjoy!

Trick
DOL Novice

Postby -Shawn- » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:51 am

thanks trick
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14984

Sky is the limit.
-Shawn-
DOL Devotee

Return to “%s” Third Party Tools