Merecs CreatorSuite for Dawn of Light

A forum for development and discussion on third party tools such as the Quest Designer

Moderator: Project Admin

Re: Merecs CreatorSuite for Dawn of Light

Postby Argo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Got anotherone for you merec. If you load an item from DB and its weight is for example 1.4 then it is shown in weight as 1
the .4 is not shown at all. Not really a burning thing, but irritating. So whenever you got the time for it, you might wanna look after it.

regards

Argo

PS: Sorry wenn ich nerfe :)
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Derowen » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 pm

I have mentioned that in my little CS guide I wrote :)
Will skype it to you shortly Argp for review
Vivien
http://www.darkageoforigins.com
Minds are like parachutes - they don't do any good if they're not open!
Derowen
DOL Guest

Postby Merec » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:21 am

There are CS guides around? :D

I didn't even know, that this tool is still used by someone. Is the spell/ability/style editor also used, or are you using it just for items? I am generally interestet in extending the CreatorSuite, but I need some feedback.

Instead of telling other whats not working, it might be better to tell me, so I can get rid of it. Or am I wrong?
Argo got a beta version to test the things he mentioned. The weight-bug is one of it.
Merec
Developer

Postby Argo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:00 am

I have mentioned that in my little CS guide I wrote :)
Will skype it to you shortly Argp for review
Luv ya Babygirl :)
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Argo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:05 am

Your CS is used heavylie Merec, On Genesis, on Vivien, on Ancaria, to name just a few. And yes, i am using it for spells, styles too. Any WB who works with things like that should be glad to use your fabulous CS, it is a Masterpiece.

Btw. Downloaded Beta2 and will test it for you. Feedback will come as soon as i am done with it ;)

regards
Argo
Argo
Server Team

Postby Merec » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:53 pm

A new version has been uploaded.

There might be a problem, if a custom field in the database has not a default value. To fix this, please just add a default value like "DEFAULT NULL" to your database structure. If anyone has an Idea why this is not working, please report, I was not able to reproduce the problem.
Merec
Developer

Postby Urza » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:51 am

Hi,
If I load a ticket from ItemTemplate table and then I press "Check Values" I get this error message:
Code: Select all
Can not convert "Item_Type" to "System.Int32" (Value: )
Item_Type in my table:
INT(11)
Value: 40

PS:
in Spracheinstellung: Deutsch
Im Fenster "Gegenstand aus Datenbank laden" ist der Button "Gegenstand laden" zu weit rechts und ist dadurch nur halb zusehen.
Urza
Developer

Postby Derowen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:45 pm

There are CS guides around? :D

I didn't even know, that this tool is still used by someone. Is the spell/ability/style editor also used, or are you using it just for items? I am generally interestet in extending the CreatorSuite, but I need some feedback.

Instead of telling other whats not working, it might be better to tell me, so I can get rid of it. Or am I wrong?
Argo got a beta version to test the things he mentioned. The weight-bug is one of it.
I have send you a PM - maybe the guides can be helpful for CS "Beginners" :)

I would not want to work without CS btw :)
Vivien
http://www.darkageoforigins.com
Minds are like parachutes - they don't do any good if they're not open!
Derowen
DOL Guest

Postby Eudes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Hello Merec,

We are starting to use the CS as well, thanks for your time and work :)
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Eudes » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Merec,

Got that error message when trying to access my local DAoC installation. Thansk for your help.
Exception: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\gamedata.mpk' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at MPKLib.MPAK.Load(String file)
at MerecsCreatorSuite.Peers.IconSelectorPeer.Main()
at MerecsCreatorSuite.CreatorSuiteForm.StartupChecks()
at MerecsCreatorSuite.CreatorSuiteForm.ReloadPreferences()
at MerecsCreatorSuite.CreatorSuiteForm.preferencesToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Merec » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:41 pm

If you want to use the features like the Icon-Selector or the Color-Finder, the CS must have accces to some files within the DAoC-Client path. The problem is, that the path at "C:\Program Files" ist protected by windows by default. If you want to grant access, start CreatorSuite as Admin or Copy the Client to a different location and set the new path in the preferences.
Merec
Developer

Postby Eudes » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 pm

If you want to use the features like the Icon-Selector or the Color-Finder, the CS must have accces to some files within the DAoC-Client path. The problem is, that the path at "C:\Program Files" ist protected by windows by default. If you want to grant access, start CreatorSuite as Admin or Copy the Client to a different location and set the new path in the preferences.
Exactly! Thanks, works perfectly now.
Eudes
DOL Freak

Postby Walzin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:20 pm

Merec -

Our team on Vivien uses this tool heavily and daily. I have said this before - you have no idea how important it is to us. We use it mostly for items and spells but from time to time we use the rest of the functions.

Derowen has been working on a CS guide and I think she mentioned that she will share it. She has spent hours documenting the tool for our WB'rs on Vivien.

I would love to help test any new beta's if you need help.

I think what you have written is complete and aside from a few minor bugs works fine. If you are looking to expand the functionality you might want to consider some of the functionality that is in DOL Editor (which we also use). I know that the creator of DOL Editor is still active and the tool is great - but it would be nice to be able to create a spell in CS and then also place it into the spell line. Currently we create the spell in CS and then manage the spell line work with DOL editor. Having both functions in one tool would really be nice.

In any regard even if you don't add new functionality to your tool - its AWESOME that you are still updating it!

P.S We LOVE DOL Editor also - our WB efforts would be much slower without these 2 tools. The only thing missing from my personal wishlist is a similar tool to write dataquests :)
Walzin
DOL Apprentice

Postby Urza » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:16 am

Hallo Merec,
das ist ein tolles Programm, ich arbeite jetzt schon eine ganze Weile damit und kann endlich meine Item-Tabelle komfortabel überarbeiten.
Im Laden-Dialogfenster wäre es günstiger, wenn der Eingabefokus gleich auf der Eingabezeile liegen würde für Leute, die mittels Tastatur einfügen.

Viele Grüße
Urza
Urza
Developer

Postby HunabKu » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Google Translated for non-german people :
Hello Merec,
this is a great program, I am now working for quite a while with it and can finally revise my items tab comfortable.
In the store dialog box, it would be more favorable if the input focus would be on the same the input line for people to insert the means of keyboard.

Many greetings
Urza
Bonjour Merec,
ceci est un excellent programme, je travaille maintenant depuis un certain temps avec elle et peux enfin réviser onglet Mes éléments confortable.
Dans la boîte de dialogue de magasin, il serait plus favorable si le focus d'entrée serait sur le même la ligne d'entrée pour les personnes à insérer les moyens de clavier.

Beaucoup de salutations
Urza
"C'est l'ignorance qui apporte le chaos, pas la connaissance."
Scarlett Johansson dans "Lucy" de Luc Besson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."
Scarlett Johansson on "Lucy" by Luc Besson
HunabKu
Developer

Return to “%s” Third Party Tools