/item create program

A forum for development and discussion on third party tools such as the Quest Designer

Moderator: Project Admin

/item create program

Postby Magerly666 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Hello All,

I wrote this program last night and wanted to share. The program parses your database table Itemtemplate, row "Id_nb", then sorts the results and puts them in a combo box. You can then pick the item you want and it will show you the command in a pop up box (/item create XXXXX ) and insert it into your clipboard.

I wrote it because I it was not easy to /item findname and then type out the name with all the "_" and stuff. If you create a lot of items in game, then it will be beneficial.
UPDATED
I removed the mediafire link (I am an internet noob it seems!) and now the file is attached to this post.

Thanks rdsandersjr for the suggestion to get the program to paste into the client, because I figured it out! Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (AutoIt is really nice for the functions and ease of use) Works smooth...so now my program is stand-alone.

In the new version -- Rev 1 :

-- added "crafteditem" and "Debug Jump Zones" as two more options

-- now the program will paste into the client directly (so no need for the other program, which I removed from my .zip)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was written with AutoIT and requires the mysql odbc driver (link in the README file) and is in NO WAY a harmful program...I will provide the sloppy source code if needed, no problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots:
Attachments
DOL_ItemcreateEZ_1.jpg
DOL_ItemcreateEZ_1.jpg (32.01 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
DOL_ItemcreateEZ_3.jpg
DOL_ItemcreateEZ_3.jpg (15.37 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
DOL_itemcreateEZ_Rev1.zip
UPDATED Version
(440.54 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Last edited by Magerly666 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Magerly666
DOL Initiate

Re: /item create program

Postby Graveen » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Thank you, can you put screen shot ?

Interesting program !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Magerly666 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:44 am

Here ya go...

http://imageshack.us/g/846/dolitemcreate.jpg/ <--- link to several images on imageshak.us
Magerly666
DOL Initiate

Postby rdsandersjr » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:16 am

You should of used send input in auto it to send the command to DAoC's chat box; this would eliminate the need for that second app.
Thanks,
RDSandersJR
rdsandersjr
Support Team

Postby Magerly666 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Ya that would be cool .. I just wasn't sure how to do that exactly. I checked out the source code of the Raritype app, but I didn't quite grasp it. I would need to investigate how to grab the clients focus and paste.

I just added the "crafteditems" combo box and I was going to add "debug jump points" as well. Wasn't sure if anyone got any use out of the program other than me.
Magerly666
DOL Initiate

Postby Etaew » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Jump points are a pain in the ass aren't they :)
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Magerly666 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:57 am

Hey Etaew.... Well in my case they were pretty easy (the way I did it at least), because I only have to print the command.

I basically went in game, started chatlog, then did a "/*j" then edited out a list of zones (Not sure where Debug Jump sets the names it uses for Region/ZoneID, so I figured this would be easy enough). The file is what I use to populate the ComboBox (I tried just having the combobox populated using GuiCtrlSetData, but decided the file wasn't a bad alternative)
Magerly666
DOL Initiate

Return to “%s” Third Party Tools