GM Command Reference

A forum for development and discussion on third party tools such as the Quest Designer

Moderator: Project Admin

GM Command Reference

Postby Magerly666 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:53 am

Hey All,

I have been working on a GM Tool to automate the commands a GM can do and I thought in the mean time I would create this little tool, which will allow you to select a command and see what all is required to use the command. This window will be on top of your daoc client and will be a lot easier than typing the command and having all the possibilities fly by and you have to scroll up to see whats needed while trying to type it in.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate what I was trying to describe above. It is primarily for those who do not have a lot of experience with the commands.

Hope it will be helpful!

(It is written in AutoIT...like my other tool was if you tried it) It uses a txt file which has the GM Commands listed and if I missed any, they can be added to that file or let me know)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1403 ... ndref1.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5685 ... ndref2.jpg
Attachments
GM_Command_Reference.zip
(439.27 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Last edited by Magerly666 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Magerly666
DOL Initiate

Re: GM Command Reference

Postby Ephemeral » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 am

Be on top of your daoc client? As in an overlay?
"The swarm is always smarter, faster and more adept than any actor which seeks to thwart it."
C++, Java, C#, VB.NET, ASM.
Current Project:
Engine Developer for The Red Solstice
Ephemeral
DOL Freak

Postby Magerly666 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:57 am

Yeah so you can see it and type in your daoc client at the same time
Magerly666
DOL Initiate

Postby Graveen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 pm

seems cool Magerly. Do you base your work on the actual command .cs files ? if not you should - simply extract the help sentence from the script.

(and i also use AutoIt from times to times, very good tool, although i believe in http://sikuli.org but it lacks a lot of things compared to AutoIt !)
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Magerly666 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:05 pm

That is what I did, then I went into the game and started the chatlogging and then typed in each main command (like /player and /mob etc) then compared the two. I am sure I am probably missing some things, but I try to contribute stuff seeing as you and everyone have done so much with DOL. I learn by doing, so even if no one can use it I learned simply by putting the program together.

I wanted to ask you a question Graveen, but wasn't sure if you would like me to PM you. It is regarding how the /macro command works. Reason I ask is, when you make a macro (lets say /macro item /item create xxxxx) and it gives you the icon to put on the qbar so when you click it it instantly performs the creation of the item. Currently with the GM Tool I am working on with AutoIT, I send the daoc client the /item create xxxx command and it has to type it in chat and then I send an Enter keystroke. I was wondering how the /macro command sends the command. I might not be able to manipulate the api calls (if that is even correct terminology) with AutoIT but I was just curious.
Magerly666
DOL Initiate

Return to “%s” Third Party Tools