DAOC ROLLBACK TO 1.109 PROGRAM

A forum for development and discussion on third party tools such as the Quest Designer

Moderator: Project Admin

DAOC ROLLBACK TO 1.109 PROGRAM

Postby Magerly6666 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 am

Hello All,

Thought I would share this program to roll your client back to 1.109 and then back to LIVE, if you happen to still play the live servers. It also uses the file "connect.exe" from DOACPortal to allow you to log into a DOL server. Just put the IP:PORT in the "daoc_program.ini" file that is in the programs folder.

It includes the 1.109"game.dll" and makes a backup of the live "game.dll" in order to restore it.

This was written in AutoIt and I have included the source code so you can see there is no funny business and/or compile it yourself if you so choose.

You only need browse for your DAOC folder which has the "camelot.exe" in it once, then it will save that path.

I have tested this, but if you have any issues let me know.

Screenshot Below

If you like this...I also have a program that uses command line log in for the LIVE servers. It is very fast and even saves different accounts and reads the "user.dat" file for previously logged in chars. I encrypt the saved password just in case.

I can release this if anyone would like to use it.

****YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE LOG IN FEATURE(IF YOU ARE UNEASY ABOUT ENTERING USERNAME/PASSWORD)...IT IS JUST THERE FOR MY FRIENDS SAKE!! IT DOES NOT SAVE USERNAME/PASSWORD EITHER****

Magerly666
Attachments
Snap239.jpg
Snap239.jpg (105.79 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
DAOC_CLIENT_ROLLBACK_TO_1109.part1.rar
Part 1
(2 MiB) Downloaded 647 times
DAOC_CLIENT_ROLLBACK_TO_1109.part2.rar
Part 2
(328 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
Last edited by Magerly6666 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magerly6666
DOL Visitor

Re: DAOC ROLLBACK TO 1.109 PROGRAM

Postby Graveen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:10 am

Thank you Magerly to include the source. Giving credential to a 3rd party is something that should be done carefully.

Nice tool. If you have time you can try to implement packets for 1.110+ so we can avoid patching, but this is indeed a long task.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Blue » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Giving credential to a 3rd party is something that should be carefully.
Yes. Careful if its not official. OK as patch tool.
ex DOL Lead Developer
Blue
Uthgard Admin

Postby Magerly6666 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah I don't mind including the source at all, because I know there are some that may feel the need to be malicious. I am not one of those persons, so I gladly include source to prove that point. (plus nothing i am doing is reinventing the wheel, so why not share and let others learn IMO)

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say implement packets for 1.110+ ...I don't think AutoIt is capable of that task, nor am I. hah

I have been away for awhile, did you guys solve the having to patch to 1.109 encryption issue?

All this program does is facilitate the backing up of the live game.dll, then copies the 1.109 game.dll into your laby folder and vice versa. I added the log on feature, mainly for my computer inept friends to be able to connect to my 2v2 server I WAS working on (because installing and setting up DAOC Portal would have been much too much for them).

Plus, I still play live servers so this allows me to quickly patch 1.109 and then restore it if I want to mess around on my now defunct 2v2 server. I thought others might like to have the same easy switch.

ps. If anyone plays Diablo 3 I wrote a very nice, very quick gear switcher for switching out MF gear in about 1 second before the packs/elites die.
Magerly6666
DOL Visitor

Postby Tolakram » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:58 pm

The encryption issue has been mostly solved and is part of DAoCPortal now, but the packets have not been handled yet. There may be new issues with the latest live version, I haven't tested it recently.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Magerly6666 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Ahh well then I feel dumb for posting this, since it isn't of any real use if you don't need to patch. I guess I should have checked the forum more.

Well, poop! I do have another program that is for LIVE servers that uses command line log in...its very quick log in and bypasses the patcher (much like DAOC Portal except I use command.com renamed to login.dll to facilitate it being in memory so the game.dll will load). It also makes backups of your .ini files and restores them JIC something happens.

**Im sure you Storm guys wouldn't like the 2 extras** I included 2 client side hacks I figured out. One removes trees from the client and the other makes swamp areas like water so you are no longer restricted in movement. These are optional ofc!

If anyone would like to check it out, I can post the source code. It is a bit more intricate.

Magerly666
Magerly6666
DOL Visitor

Postby Tolakram » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh no, you DO need to patch! It is very useful. The packet changes starting with 1.110 were numerous and extreme and to date we do not handle them. All DOL servers are limited to 1.109. The encryption issue is the only thing handled by DAoC Portal.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Magerly6666 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:25 pm

OK cool .. Hopefully peeps will get some benefit from it!

p.s. I haven't updated from the SVN in awhile so I wasn't sure.
Magerly6666
DOL Visitor

Postby Ephemeral » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Tola this should be dropped into daocportal itself so that nobody needs to deal with manual patching.
"The swarm is always smarter, faster and more adept than any actor which seeks to thwart it."
C++, Java, C#, VB.NET, ASM.
Current Project:
Engine Developer for The Red Solstice
Ephemeral
DOL Freak

Return to “%s” Third Party Tools