(Live) Patch #21 - Max Health changes, other fixes

Official Server Announcement Forums, this forum is for Storm D2 related announcements. You may reply to topics created here.

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Database Team, Website Team, Storm Team

(Live) Patch #21 - Max Health changes, other fixes

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Storm D2 does not work with any client version past 1.109. You can download the 1.109 DLL here -> http://markalot.org/stuff/game1.109dll.zip

Changes from Tolakram:

Most non-tank classes will now enjoy more hit points. Since the game was balanced for DAoC style play many classes, especially casters, had very few hitpoints. This does not work well in D2 so has been adjusted. Tanks still have the most hitpoints, casters the least, but the difference is much smaller.

The HP totals are now broken out as follows:

Casters
Healers, Some Hybrids, Stealthers
Remaining Hybrids, some variance based on class
Pure Tanks

- Of special note is Maulers, which have had their hitpoints significantly increased to equal those of hybrid tanks / healers. Mauler hitpoints used to be just above casters and below everything else.

- Bugfix: /respec all at your trainer, in normal mode, will now properly adjust total spec points for classes that should have received them in a previous patch

- Bugfix: The distance around realm keeps where players would be moved when a keep or tower resets has been reduced.

- Bugfix: Quake proc damage against players has been significantly reduced.

Animist Changes:

- Walking Shroom has been removed.
- All animist permanent pets can follow the caster and will respond to all pet window commands
- Animist pet levels have been increased, with the highest level spells creating pets that are 115% caster level
- The highest spell level of each permanent pet will be 120% caster level, capping at level 95
- All pet targeted AoE spells have had their radius increased from 350 to 700

- Changed: All item rechargers will now correctly charge 90% of the purchase price to fully recharge an item. Price is adjusted based on number of charges left.

- Vampiirs have had their base hitpoints reduced to be inline with hybrid classes instead of tanks. This is to compensate for the fact the vampiir stat abilities are adding a lot of extra con (and life) between levels 50 and 80. Vampiirs should still have the most hitpoints in the game.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: (Live) Patch #21 - Max Health changes, other fixes

Postby xmidnight8x » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 pm

can ya fix the spear that drops from Shenk the Drowned to be spear weapon? N:+Drowned Jab[*]+++ says it is 2-handed I can't do my celtic spear styles! :D
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:50 pm

I got it on my list! Sorry, just got to the d3 loot. :)
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:24 am

bump,

animist changes, more fixes
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Tolakram » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm

bump, vampiir changes
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby xmidnight8x » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 pm

"- Vampiirs have had their base hitpoints reduced to be inline with hybrid classes instead of tanks. This is to compensate for the fact the vampiir stat abilities are adding a lot of extra con (and life) between levels 50 and 80. Vampiirs should still have the most hitpoints in the game."

^^^

hmm isn't this a wee bit contradictory? :P only because their hitpoints have been reduced to be inline with hybrids and not tanks but if the end result is they still have more HP than a hero in moose then isn't that being inline with tanks? :D I like the Vamp changes but my 2 cents is Armsman, Warrior, Hero should still have most HP in game with Vamp second. What if the 3 heavy tanks got their baseline HP boosted?
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Lurikhaun » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 am

According to my Charplan a level 50 Celt Vampiir and Hero will have HPS as follows; the vampiir will have 2580 HPs compared to 2782 HPs for the Hero (However, unbuffed the Hero will have 2032). It seems to me that they should have pretty much the same amount of hps with a slight advantage given to heroes/arms/warriors after buffs.
<Leprechaun Army (D2)>
Insanity-Metalworker/Shaman; Oracle-Alchemist/Bard; Monster-Shadowblade; Wolf-Hunter; Dangerous-Mentalist; Weirdo-Cabalist; Bear-Berserker; Fang-Vampiir; Goddess-Valkyrie; Anarchist-Hero; Demon-Reaver; Cannabis-Animist; Confusion-Friar; Immortal-Healer; Witch-Cleric; Dizzy-Warden; Mana-Wizard; Mysterious-Bainshee; or any other toon in Leprechaun Army.
Lurikhaun
DOL Novice

Postby Tolakram » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 am

So what's the level 80 totals for both now? I probably won't have time to look at this until Sunday.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” D2 Announcements