(Live) D2 Patch #25 - Balance changes, new mobs, more loot

Official Server Announcement Forums, this forum is for Storm D2 related announcements. You may reply to topics created here.

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Database Team, Website Team, Storm Team

(Live) D2 Patch #25 - Balance changes, new mobs, more loot

Postby Tolakram » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Storm D2 does not work with any client version past 1.109. You can download the 1.109 DLL here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?763i3ia6j4y3yot

Changes from Tolakram:

- Weapon proc chance is now fixed based on the actual proc chance.
- Weapon procs on off hand weapons now have a much reduced chance to proc.
- Casters will now fire weapon procs on each spell cast. The active weapon slot is used when searching for procs to fire.
- Added Xanxicar (dragon) to the D2 Crystal Caverns. In Hell mode Xanxicar drops a set similar to Abhorrent and a trophy.
- Baal can no longer can be killed prior to duplicating himself.

- The Tools of the Trade quest has been updated, the Horadric Malus will now apply a 70% - 130% bonus increase each use. As a result everyone can do this quest again, twice each mode. For those who have version 1 of this quest you will need to abandon it. Anyone hanging onto a Horadric Malus will get the new updated version! Be aware that the Horadric Malus will now increase the level of the item being upgraded, so use with care.

My goal with this quest upgrade is to give people a way to take a lower level item with a skin they like and upgrade it to an end game item. I expect many will hang onto the malus in order to upgrade items late in the game.

- Antique armor and weapons have been upgraded to better compete with end game items. Armor receives an AF increase while weapons receive increases to the skill bonuses and damage reduction bonus.

- There are now 17 trophies in game. The latest trophy, something about fishing, can be found on an object in Act I, Normal mode.

- Added a new Title that will display the number of mobs you've killed so far, for those who like to keep count.

- Bugfix: Animists and Theurgists will now be able to control their henchman correctly.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: (Live) D2 Patch #25 - Balance changes, new mobs ...

Postby Tolakram » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 pm

bump, a few changes going live now.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: (Live) D2 Patch #25 - Balance changes, new mobs ...

Postby Tolakram » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 am

I removed this change:

- The spreadheal spell on Abhorrent now has a 2 second recast timer.

I was reminded the entire purpose of this instant heal was to reward players who made it to D3 and make it so they no longer had to spam health potions, so it stays as is.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: (Live) D2 Patch #25 - Balance changes, new mobs, more lo

Postby Tolakram » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:34 am

bump, Tools of the Trade quest update.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: (Live) D2 Patch #25 - Balance changes, new mobs, more lo

Postby Tolakram » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 pm

bump, bugfix for animists and theurgists.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” D2 Announcements