(Live) Patch #36 - New Hell Zone + Armor Pattern Kits

Official Server Announcement Forums, this forum is for Storm D2 related announcements. You may reply to topics created here.

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team, Database Team, Website Team, Storm Team

(Live) Patch #36 - New Hell Zone + Armor Pattern Kits

Postby Tolakram » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Storm D2 does not work with any client version past 1.109. You can download the 1.109 DLL here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?763i3ia6j4y3yot

Changes from Tolakram:

It's been almost a year, time for some new content! As usual, this is just introduced and I will be ever so slowly increasing the content, drops, and quests as time permits.

D2 Hell zone

Added: Hell players can pick up a quest in Cotswold to go to the new hell zone.

There is a new zone available just for hell players with mobs level 36 - 135+. These mobs have a higher resistance than most world mobs and killing them is a little slower and more risky than the other modes. All drops unique to this region will have an increased drop chance due to the slower kill speeds. For fully optimized players this will be a good area to farm. :)

You can access D2 Hell via the task dungeon entrance outside of Cotswold.

There is one unique item type that will only drop in this zone to help entice people to visit.

Armor Pattern Kit~

The Armor pattern kit item will pick up the model and type of any armor it's dropped on and can then transfer this model to any other piece of armor of the same type (legs, arms, torso, etc.). Once used to transfer a new model to an item it will save the old model so you can revert the change if desired. In other words, these items are never used up.

Once an Armor pattern kit is initialized it will be named indicating the type of armor it can work on. Armor Pattern Kit (H) will only work on helms, for example. HGTLF are the letters used, G = Gloves (hands).

Have fun making your elite gear look exactly like you want it too!

Other Changes:

The cap for Healing Effectiveness has been increased from 50% to 200%
The cap for Critical Heal Chance has been increased from 50% to 90%
The base RP reward for all mobs in hell will increase to 1250 RP per mob
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Re: (Live) Patch #36 - New Hell Zone + Armor Patterns

Postby adekhine » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:51 pm

I like the new Hell Zone. It's a crazy super massive mob killing, good work!
adekhine
DOL Visitor

Re: (Live) Patch #36 - New Hell Zone + Armor Pattern Kits

Postby Tolakram » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:18 am

Increased the base RP (before bonus mods) of mobs in D2 Hell to 1250. For reference, D2 Frontiers is 1000 base per mob.

Also had to add an index to Inventory to fix a timeout issue when building the market cache. Not sure if this is a new issue or intermittent, but the market should now have all items available again.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby xmidnight8x » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Whoot! Old Hib :D I love it, can't wait for huge boss to be where the hib dragon area is...
Rayne ~ Valkyrie
Pulseberry ~ Bainshee
xmidnight8x
DOL Novice

Postby Ukobat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:27 pm

In Sheeroe Hills, as well as Malmohus, you have duplicated the "drakoran steward" as if it was an enemy, but they are all friendly to players
Ukobat
DOL Apprentice

Postby Tolakram » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:40 pm

In Sheeroe Hills, as well as Malmohus, you have duplicated the "drakoran steward" as if it was an enemy, but they are all friendly to players
Thanks, I will look into that.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Ukobat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:43 pm

also, the Stash in the new hell zone setup is the Old Stash (Horadric Stash) instead of the usual one sitting in town
I'll post bugs in the correct forum next time :>
Ukobat
DOL Apprentice

Postby Lurikhaun » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Awesome! I have been wanting to see old land Hibernia on this server for a long time! See you in game! :-)
<Leprechaun Army (D2)>
Insanity-Metalworker/Shaman; Oracle-Alchemist/Bard; Monster-Shadowblade; Wolf-Hunter; Dangerous-Mentalist; Weirdo-Cabalist; Bear-Berserker; Fang-Vampiir; Goddess-Valkyrie; Anarchist-Hero; Demon-Reaver; Cannabis-Animist; Confusion-Friar; Immortal-Healer; Witch-Cleric; Dizzy-Warden; Mana-Wizard; Mysterious-Bainshee; or any other toon in Leprechaun Army.
Lurikhaun
DOL Novice

Postby Lurikhaun » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:52 pm

After initial exploration it looks like you did a very good job.

Thanks for this much needed addition!

In regards to additional old school dungeon zones to add to mainland Hib (if you decide on alternate quest lines in Hell-Zone) I have several suggestions (that I don't think I have seen on this server so far).:
Keltoi Fogou (Alternate if one is in use)
Spraggon Den (Andariel)
Nisse's Lair (Duriel)
Varulvhamn (Mephisto)
Treibh Caliete (Diablo)

My how time flies.. All of my houses are gone.. :(

I have been meaning to download daoc portal again (got a new pc after my old one died).

Look forward to playing again!

As always, thanks for all the hard work that you put in!
<Leprechaun Army (D2)>
Insanity-Metalworker/Shaman; Oracle-Alchemist/Bard; Monster-Shadowblade; Wolf-Hunter; Dangerous-Mentalist; Weirdo-Cabalist; Bear-Berserker; Fang-Vampiir; Goddess-Valkyrie; Anarchist-Hero; Demon-Reaver; Cannabis-Animist; Confusion-Friar; Immortal-Healer; Witch-Cleric; Dizzy-Warden; Mana-Wizard; Mysterious-Bainshee; or any other toon in Leprechaun Army.
Lurikhaun
DOL Novice

Return to “%s” D2 Announcements