I've read over a few templates, but those just confuse me even more.Templates are gear oriented at end game... you really don't need to worry about maxing out your gear and stats till you level up some.
- I joined Midgard with the intention of being a Valkyrie but was told this is a classic server, so now I know what a classic server is!A classic server is one which generally sticks to the original classes/expansions. Many people believe that when Mythic added the Trials of Atlantis expansion the game became a timesink with overpowered abilities.. and Valkyrie was in a much later expansion.
- How many spec points can I spend on both Axe and LA? As a Berserker you receive 1.5 spendable points per level, so at lvl 6 you should have 9 spendable points. At level 40 you start getting bonus points on the half levels, So eventually you will be able to hit your 50/50/28 spec.
Or rather, what would be a recommended amount to spend?
I've d/l the DAoC character planner and apparently I can spend 50 spec points in Axe, 50 in LA and 28 in Parry before running out of points - is this correct for this server as well? Yes, it should be correct for that server as well, so long as they haven't customized the ratios
It seems like I've spent (too) many of points, so I'm just curious.
- Are there such things as clans in this game? Everyone seems lumped together in one big guild at the moment, which makes sense, but just wondering.There are many guilds, which are like clans. You start in a starter guild, but usually one only stays in this until you find one more to your suiting.
- What are the differences between Skills and Styles? Just a general definition is fine.Skills are the broad abilities.. Sword, Axe, Left Axe, Parry, etc.
Styles are the usable abilities you get in those sub spec.. for axe it would be Splitter, Splitfrost, Cleave, Plague Etc..[color]
- What are 'Rest points'? They're mentioned on the character planner as well - also, when/where can I obtain these?
[color=#4000FF]What the Character planner shows as rest points are actually points which the game auto dispenses for you in the logical stats. In the early times of the game you had to allocate these points yourself. You still can at character creation, if you deem that you don't like how they are allocated automatically
I Hope you enjoy Daoc