Programmurs

A place where you can talk about anything Dawn of Light or DAOC related

Moderators: Project Admin, Support Team

Programmurs

Postby dcosper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:39 am

Hey I am looking for someone nice, that can help explain a few functions i am trying to learn from dol core, i honestly dont expect to find anyone nice from this site, but figured was worth a shot.
dcosper

Re: Programmurs

Postby Roozzz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:58 am

With that attitude I highly doubt you will find anybody indeed.

Personally I would recommend asking clarification/support on certain methods/functions.
But if you are looking for somebody to learn you how to code, this is not the place imo.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
Roozzz
Database Team

Postby geshi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:09 pm

I would help but that attitude stinks :) I have always tried to be nice to you.. but it seems the only nice people in your book are the people who code your entire server for you? :shock:
geshi
Contributor

Postby Tolakram » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 pm

i honestly dont expect to find anyone nice from this site
I hope I misread this.

You realize some of us are old farts with jobs and use what little free time we have to do things we consider fun?

You might want to review my posting history, all the way back to post #1, if you want to know how I learned the core. A did a lot of work ON MY OWN because I know the best way to learn is to figure it out yourself, otherwise you become dependent on other to answer questions. This is the one reason I tend not to answer programming questions, because I can sense people trying to take a short cut and not doing the work to learn things themselves.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Graveen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:33 pm

dcosper, i don't remember having praying you to stay and light us.
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Ephemeral » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:13 pm

:3 The one time I am less disliked then dol.

Also ds.. Not the best way to get more people helping really ;<
"The swarm is always smarter, faster and more adept than any actor which seeks to thwart it."
C++, Java, C#, VB.NET, ASM.
Current Project:
Engine Developer for The Red Solstice
Ephemeral
DOL Freak

Postby kvnlod » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:28 pm

I hope I misread this.

You realize some of us are old farts with jobs and use what little free time we have to do things we consider fun?

You might want to review my posting history, all the way back to post #1, if you want to know how I learned the core. A did a lot of work ON MY OWN because I know the best way to learn is to figure it out yourself, otherwise you become dependent on other to answer questions. This is the one reason I tend not to answer programming questions, because I can sense people trying to take a short cut and not doing the work to learn things themselves.

So you think people are taking a short cut when they ask for help? That is so stupid.
People ask you guys questions because you have been running these servers for sometime now. If you don't want to help when people ask a question, don't help. At least don't be a asshole to people when they ask a question.

And don't take it personal when someone asks for a NICE programmer. Because most of you are dicks.
kvnlod
DOL Initiate

Postby Etaew » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm going to lock this as it's degraded into insults and isn't going to have any meaningful outcome.
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Graveen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Thank you Etaew.

There is nothing to argue. If the DOL project doesn't fit you, no need to tell people are shit/dick. Go away, silently. You don't need us, we don't need you.Does grabbing the result of thousands hours of work, allows you to insult core developpers ? It seems we are walking on head.

Ban hammer strikes again !
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Tolakram » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:29 am

I hope I misread this.

So you think people are taking a short cut when they ask for help? That is so stupid.
People ask you guys questions because you have been running these servers for sometime now. If you don't want to help when people ask a question, don't help. At least don't be a asshole to people when they ask a question.

And don't take it personal when someone asks for a NICE programmer. Because most of you are dicks.
Did you read what I wrote? Anyway, goodbye. I'll let someone else be less of a dick than me.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Return to “%s” General